All: character may be killed off

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If anything, I'd want Lorraine Broderick to handle Abby's (inevitable) return.  She proved at the end of AMC's network run that she could do zombie resurrections like no other.

Exactly, lol.

Frankly, I wish Abby's death WOULD stick.  Regardless of her status as a "legacy heroine" -- which is a term I hate, by the way! -- she's yet one more character who had potential but who was ruined by the kind of atrocious, logic-defying storytelling that has visited just about everyone on the show and that no character can truly come back from.  In fact, DAYS could kill off everyone at this point, and I wouldn't care.  This show is just absolute trash.

Aww, sookie-sookie now!

A bisexual?  On a daytime soap opera?  In the U.S.?  Surely, you jest!

Edited by Khan

• Members

If they go there... I agree. They have to start sticking to their guns, but the issue is that if the show goes on for another five years there's about zero percent chance they will, especially if Miller or Mansi suddenly needs some pocket change. So it's pretty dumb of Ron to go there, especially as one of the first thing he had to do was resurrect a legacy character that was killed off for short term thrills.

• Members

Agreed, can live with this, IF TRUE, since the show can't or won't write for Ben & Ciara and always have them in or on that damn bed.

Will say, if Abigail is killed off, I'm done with DAYS!

AGREE 100 BILLION PERCENT!

Also, how can we trust KL? Who or what are they?  

Edited by David_Vickers

• Members

What would it take for death to matter on Days again? I assume any character death is just an opportunity for the actor to book another role, go on vacation or take a nap. Yes, the other soaps are bad about back from the dead plots but Days treats death like a minor inconvenience.

So our best guesses are two young mothers. Just write them off for God's sake. And I don't even like Maxie. I think she's completely spent as a character and should be written off for at least 5 years. But to kill her? These people are so shortsighted.

Also Felicia doesn't need two dead daughters. That's sick.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Yeah, a death on DAYS isn’t worth much consideration based on recent experience (which is one reason why the show feels so frivolous). I know Paige’s death has stuck, but that’s a rare exception that could easily be undone per the show’s inconsistent rules.

GH is much more prone to letting deaths stick. I agree on Maxie. But these shows will always go for the big gesture that will win them a short-term viewership boost that will please the bosses or an Emmy here or there. It would also seem silly to bring Felicia/KW back on contract for that.

• Members

Yeah, no one is in the mood to watch Felicia grieve for 6 months. Especially a character like her who's been so in and out of the show the last 20 years.

If Ron got some bright idea involving bringing JJ back they would 100% reverse her death. That show does not care about death at all, it's like a cartoon.

• Members

I guess to Ron's credit he's stuck to his deaths (that weren't obviously set up as "fake" deaths like Ciara's) so far, noteably Adrienne and Laura. On the other hand, we know he didn't want to do the devil story and Corday still pushed that so if Corday has a whim everyone and anyone will be revived.