All: character may be killed off

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't even know what purpose Laura's death (or "death") has served thus far.

Exactly.  Ken Corday keeps getting in his own show's way.  He really needed to step away from running the show in any capacity a long time ago.  He could still own it, of course, through Corday Productions, but just let others (who know what the hell they're doing) make the actual decisions.

• Members

Alan seems to be confirming that the name has been leaked (but he's still not saying the name).  If he is referring to what was leaked on this thread, then Abigail is the one dying.

Maybe, coincidentally, something also happens to Maxie, but I don't think she's the "heroine" Alan's blind item was about. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Ron sure seems happy to kill off /write off Horton family members.

But not so interested in nurturing that same family.

I might be missing a few, but off the top of my head, offscreen Hortons that could be used in some capacity

Tommy (is he really dead?)

Sandy (and any children she may have had)

Marie

Jessica Blake

Mike

Jeremy

Steve Olsen

Spencer Olsen

Melissa

Scott Banning

Nathan

Hope

And any other children those offscreen characters may have.

• Members

Honestly, I don't mind them killing off Abby as such - the issue is still that I think they'll end up backtracking a few years down the line. Because ultimately, if you kill off a legacy character like Abby you can't really just sweep it under the rug - she's not your regular Serena. Her death wouldn't just end with her funeral, but would be something that echoes years and, assuming the show lasts that long, decades down the line. This is why it's so tempting for writers to bring back characters like Abby for the cheap drama during sweeps. It's an easy way to create tears and conflict and why it's hard to keep them dead. If the bozos that run daytime today had been in charge of the shows back in the 70s/80s I'm sure characters like Addie would've miraculously turned up alive at one point.

I'm not as as down on Ron as some people are, but his strength does not lie in writing stories like that.