All: character may be killed off

• Members

Yes, if this is supposed to be a murder mystery, it's the most ineptly set up one in the show's history (and that covers a lot of murders). It's hard for me to get too upset since death means nothing on DAYS, but I like Marci and the show is going to suffer without a viable heroine in her age range. On a shallow note, I think Marci has been looking exceptionally pretty of late. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, I don't know if it's shallow but she sure has!

By blood she's a Horton, by blood and by name she's a Deveraux and by marriage she's one of the new generations of DiMera! I don't know any way she could be more legacy. I guess we could say that she's the mother of a new generation yet again of DiMeras, as she has 2 children that we know! If we make up a word, she is the most legacious of all possibilities onscreen. This waste of a character life is as bad as it gets!

• Webmaster

Personally, regardless of what was said in the interview, I think the better thing to do was not give interviews until AFTER the death and not give out spoilers that allude to any death on the show. This way viewers all around would be truly shocked by a sudden death of a character as they wondered why someone would kill such a person, especially a young mother.

With that said, the reasons for killing Abby don't sit well with me as no one seems to have as valid reason for doing so with the exception of maybe Gwen who shouldn't be able to have committed the crime since she's supposed to be "in prison."

I think a shocking murder of a character like Abby would be a great plot twist if done right.

• Members

Maybe they should stop trying to make everything a shocking surprise and instead focus on giving more attention to how the characters react to these big events. Maybe it's only me but I would get just as much pleasure (if perhaps not even more) out of watching everyone react to something like Abby's murder, and even watching everything leading up to it knowing that it's about to happen. Watching the human drama, instead of just wafer-thin characters playing out storylines without any depth.

But the soaps now jump from plotpoint to plotpoint without bothering to write proper build-up and/or aftermath.

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

my 2 theories:

#1 the Abigail we've seen this whole time was a clone that went out of control, and when Kristen was calling her back she refused so Kristen went to get her and ended up killing her. The real Abigail is on the island, still. 

#2 with the help of Kristen, Gwen got a mask of herself and Abigail. She hired somebody to play her in prison while she snuck out to get revenge... when the real Abigail saw her own face staring back at her she split and became Gabi. Finally free, Gabi "killed" Abby and ran away, etc. 

• Members

Or, you know, radical idea here...recast AGAIN.

Kate Mansi was a recast. Marci Miller was a recast. Mike Horton had bunches of actors play him.

Chad still could have been freed. Couples do not last forever.

But, as this stands, this is just more of Ron's bullshyt tactic of killing yet another legacy character for short-term shock value, but decimating the show long term. (See also, in no particular order: Laura Horton, Bill Horton [could have been recast; the actor that played the role for Alice's funeral was great!], David Banning, Adrienne Johnson, likely Neil Curtin, the way Maggie spoke to Sarah about him...) But at least his precious retcon Gwen gets to be Jack's lone span on canvas.

Edited by Wendy