Whatever has happened to this soap opera performer?

• Members

There are many performers who, over the years, I have wondered about since the performer departed his role on a various soap opera.    I would like to start a topic on these various performers.   Hopefully, some questions will be answered!

The first performer that I would like to ask about is Ron Martin (David Grant #1 in the premiere cast of Somerset).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am also wondering about an actress from Ryan's Hope.   She is Megan McCracken (Nancy Feldman #2).    She was the prettiest of the three actresses who played Nancy, but she was on the show for only about a week.

Edited by danfling

• Members

I really would like to know what happened to actor Ted Tinling.    He was an extra in a scene of Dark Shadows (right when Bill Malloy disappeared, he and a woman were seen in the Collinsport Inn cafe.) and then was cast as Vic Lamont on The Edge of Night.    I don't think that he acted again aside from a short role on As the World Turns (as a funeral home director, I think).

I would love to contact him and wish I had more information.

• Members

Sorry to tell you this but Ted Tingling died years ago. 

Tingling was a well known designer of tennis dresses for some very esteemed tennis players, many, if not all were inducted into the International Tennis Hall Of Fame. Tingling himself was inducted into the International Tennis Hall Of Fame as a contributor. He had quite an interesting life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Tinling

• Members

Wow, that's a relief and what are the chances of two Ted Tinlings on EON?!

Also, just realizing that auto correct is misspelling Tinling.

Still, tennis and soap actor Ted Tinling did have a fascinating life. Postumously, He was discovered to have once been a spy!

Hope someone can connect you to the alive actor Ted Tinling.

• Members

Oh no! Keep the faith, this genre has some long living folks. (Although, sometimes I do fear that this pandemic could be having a deleterious impact on some, who might be have been more active in prepandemic times).

Have you thought of reaching out to one of those soap history bloggers on social media? Sadly, the We Love Soaps blog seems all but completely inactive at this point but they may have a contact E-mail or something. 

• Members
  • Members

He's no longer blogging but if you're on social media, maybe see if you can message Roger Newcomb. He used to run the We Love Soaps blog, which was a wonderful source of information. The blog isn't really active these days but it's still up and I believe Newcomb is on Twitter and likely Facebook, there's even a YouTube page.

Good luck, in any case.

• Members

Being in the midst of watching B&B: From The Beginning, I'm seeing a number of minor characters portrayed by actors that make me wonder whatever happened to them? For instance:

Stacey (the character and the actress' first name) from Griffey's diner, where Rocco Carnet and later, Donna Logan worked.

Also, every Black  character on early B&B, like

-Valerie, the Art Director for Eye On Fashion magazine, played by Michelle Lamar Richards.

-Fawn The Fit Model at Forrester Creations. *Apparently, I have found her, she is Stephanie Cumberlandhttps://www.presenting-you.com/about-stephanie-cumberland/

-There was another Black woman at FC, I think she may have been an Admin or Executive Assistant? I think the character might have been named Vivian? An actress name Angelique De Windt played Vivian, but I am not even sure this is the character who worked at Forrester.

Apparently, De Windy runs a company called B. Loved Productions? I just saw this and am trying to read about what they do.

https://www.blovedentertainment.com/education