Whatever has happened to this soap opera performer?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Minor characters  on soaps continue to provide the biggest source of intrigue in this category for me.

On B&B in particular, all of the Black characters who come on in the first few years are pretty much minor characters. I saw an actor who played a forensic pathologist and didn't really recognize him but he was good looking, lol, and I checked for his name in the closing credits.

Jesse Moore seems to be quite a Renaissance man.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Speaking of Capitol, my three performers that I wonder about are all leading men of short lived soaps. 

First, David Mason Daniels aka Tyler McCandless #1, a guy with a face built for soaps, cheekbones so sharp you could chisel a diamond, but lacked some charm in comparison to his co-stars like Nick Walker. 

Second would be Robert Tyler aka Tucker, he seemed destined for a big career in entertainment.  He had the looks and persona suited for action/horror movies in the 90s, but I've never seen him in anything post-Loving. 

And third, a bit obscure, Grant Wilson aka Biff from A New Day in Eden, as I recall he was involved with Gail Ramsey who played big parts on GH and Generations before being a Christian minister.  But, Grant had a career as a teen actor on Facts of Life and Foxes, yet, according to IMDB, he hasn't worked in TV since 1987

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Here are two former soap opera performers that I would love to know more about what they are now doing.

1.  Richard Clarke (Daryl on Another World).    I know that he was a musician prior to being an actor on Another World.   I have the original cast album of I'm Getting My Act Together and Taking It on the Road.   He played on that record (guitar, I think).   I thought that he was engaging, and the show's writer (Harding Lemay) should have used him more.   I think that Daryl was originally supposed to be involved somehow with Michael (Lionel Johnston) but the homosexual storyline was dropped.

2.  Trisha Pursley (known at one time as Trisha Purlsey Hawkins).   She played Devon Shepherd McFadden on All My Children on two different occasions.  I understand that she left acting and was working with her father in Florida in the family nursery.    I wonder if she still does that type of work.

• Members

I need to correct the above post about "Richard Clarke."  

The correct name of the actor was Richard Dunne.    I have also learned that he died in 1996, although the New York Times printed an obituary of someone named Richard Dunne earlier in 1990.    I am wondering if this is the same person and if the 1995 death date is incorrect.

Also, the play I mentioned (I'm Getting My Act Together and Putting It on the Road) was a musical whose composer was soap opera writer Nancy Ford (As the World Turns, Love of Life, Ryan's Hope).    Ms. Ford is the widow of soap opera actor Keith Charles (The Edge of Night, The Secret Storm, As the World Turns, Ryan's Hope, One Life to Live).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I wonder and I have friends who wonder, out loud, what's been going on with Tommy Eplin? He made a horror movie, got married & divorced with his second bride, got married to his third bride & had a child with her, ... Maybe moved to CA? Maybe sold cars - but that looked like another Tom Eplin. He played Jake McKinnon on AW & then also on ATWT. He was the romantic co-star to Ellen Wheeler, Anne Heche, Jensen Buchanan, Judi Evans & Lesli Kay. Would love to know whatever he is up to.

• Members

Re Tom Eplin, I seem to recall that Days tried to get him to play Harrison Lord in that stupid story arc last year with Bonnie's sister-in-law, Calista Flockhart, but he apparently wasn't available for the dates on which they wanted him.

Edited by jam6242

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...