Days of our Lives: A Very Salem Christmas’ Holiday Movie Discussion Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I’m glad this is premium. That tells me they see potential in these Days projects long term. Also, as someone who has had Peacock a long time, most of their originals, particularly movies are Premium.

I’ll gladly pay if it means more spin offs, films and probably classic episodes down the line. It beats the nothing we get from most of the other soaps. 

• Members

I get all this but Peacock was shady as hell. They didn't release a statement saying it was a premium service. I thought this would be free too. It took a lot of people off guard.  I just don't like the blatant dishonesty from Peacock. 

• Members

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Beyond Salem was the only show they’ve offered on the free tier. Typically they give you a sample episode and you have to subscribe for the rest. 

I guess it’s just hard for me to be upset with them when you look at all the wonderful streaming content Y&R and GH fans get. 

• Members

It was a bit of a bait and switch to get fans on the hook and then drop the premium news. But I get it. This is business and Days needs money.

They need to show ass on these specials like I said. "See what they CAN'T show on NBC," call it Salem After Dark and appeal to the thirsty gays and housewives. A companion series like Big Brother/After Dark. A little Cinemax action for $5 a month.

It would help fund the show and selfishly, I like ass.

Edited by KLN

• Members

I'm not against the DAYS Peacock spinoffs being on the premium tier, I'm a little surprised Peacock even has a free tier at all, most streaming services don't. I do think they should have told fans sooner. Finding out just a few days beforehand is a bit shady. 

I agree that the Peacock exclusive stuff needs to do things the daytime show can't, whether it's nudity or language. Beyond Salem did push things a little bit, but they need to go farther. 

AS an FYI, Charter/Spectrum just announced that depending on your plan you can get 3 to 12 months of Peacock Premium for free. Started yesterday. 

While it won't cover everyone, Xfinity and Spectrum, are two of the largest internet providers. That's a lot of people that can get Peacock Premium without needing pay extra. 

• Members

Soap fans have to be careful what they wish for. Many times fans have expressed their willingness to pay subscription fees for content, well they obviously heard you, lol.

It's like those people on Twitter who say "I can't believe this app is free!" They may be joking but now twitter is trying to charge for certain features and folks are complaining. Well they're listening, lol and they heard you.