Days of our Lives: A Very Salem Christmas’ Holiday Movie Discussion Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I overall really enjoyed the movie. I liked the twists and what ifs. I hope they do more spinoffs and specials. 

As for the drag, I still enjoyed it this time around, but I agree, that now that they've done it twice, they need to give it a rest for a while. Too much of a good thing can be a bad. 

Will and Sonny saying they missed home, I hope that's a hint they are coming back soon. They are needed on the main show. 

• Members

The teens didn't work for me. Gabi and Nick wasn't great either. Lots of 227 in it....Paulina calling Leo Mary ever 5 seconds got tiring. The Golden Girls nod was there too. Sami acting all nice was just terrible. She had no backbone till the end. There really wasn't the big twists and turns promised.

The drag show is outplayed already and the Santas stripping number was seen that done that on General Hospital.

The movie fell flat for me. Not enough of Will and Sonny in the main story. They did mention Marlena being possessed yet they aren't in Salem? And foreshadowing at the end of the movie in how much they missed Salem.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I'd recommend seeing Chandler movie "Next Stop, Christmas" on Hallmark instead. It put me more in Christmas spirit than this one.

Btw... they brought back Chad and the actor just to do the drag number? Are you f u cking kidding me?

Also the homeless guy was hoping it was someone else but pretty much figured it was a drunken homeless Eric Brady.

• Members

They did mention Marlena's possession at the very beginning. Sonny asked Will why he waited until the last minute to write his movie script. Will said because of all the crazy stuff happening back home and his bosses didn't believe him that he needed an extension due to his grandma being possessed by the devil. 

• Members

Beyond Salem should've been but not this Christmas movie.

And why did this movie get a TV-14 rating? Beyond Salem was way more racy and had a PG rating. 

The one thing that was nice was all the exterior shots of the movie.

I really wanted to love it but it was just ok....nothing special about it.

I think the best parts were at the end of the movie with EJ and Sami and Nicole asking for forgiveness and Will and Sonny missing home and the kiss as the camera fades to black and pans to Will and Sonny lighted Christmas tree with an ornament and an hour glass inside of it.

Edited by Soapsuds