Days of our Lives: A Very Salem Christmas’ Holiday Movie Discussion Thread

• Members

I think it's a little unfair to compare Beyond Salem and this. Beyond Salem was a 5 episode miniseries. This is a 1 hour 20 minute Christmas movie. 

As for if it's worth it being on Premium. If you paid the $5 specially to watch this and don't plan on watching anything else on Peacock, than no, it's probably not worth it to you. However, there's a lot of other content you can only get in the Premium tier I do think makes it worth it overall. 

If you don't get Hallmark Channel, they have a subscription service that $6.99. If you plan on watching all gazillion Christmas movies they put out, it's well worth it, but if you only plan on watching one, I honestly can say there's a single Hallmark Christmas movie, alone that is worth $6.99 IMO. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The actor wasn't even playing Xander. Was he? I know Will and Sonny said it was him but why was he dressed like a geek?

Please register in order to view this content

I agree the kiss with Leo and Xander should've been hotter than what we got. A whole lot of stuff should've been more earth shattering.

• Members

I actually liked the movie. It wasn't perfect but it delivered what they were going for, I think. Festive and fun. Not exactly a soap, not exactly Hallmark. Ambitious but with a little time and money they could really make these specials good.

I love Eileen but I missed Stacy. Especially in the "cards on a doorstep" scene. Kristen has always been my favorite character and anyone who knows me knows I love Eileen. But Kristen has evolved for me. Since taking over the role Stacy's brought complexity I just appreciate.

To me, Kristen's value as a character is her combustibility. She's the perfect yin/yang of love and hate and goes to extremes for both. Equal parts strength and vulnerability. With a touch of psychosis. Both of them are great but I prefer Stacy now.

Deidre Hall should be part of every Days special. J&M are a cornball sometimes but what's Days without Marlena?

I could've done without the Cruella costume.

Dan, Ali and Ari did a great job but the triple slap was too much. I know it was a throwback but... no. That said, it was smart to remember the Sydnapping given the current story.

Why did we get a striptease with no ass?

Next time they should do Haunting of DiMera Manor with Stacy and Eileen both. An homage to Stefano with flashbacks.

"Haunted by ghosts of the past, the DiMera siblings find themselves lost in the hidden DiMera catacombs." Bring back Lexie. Louise Sorel. Maybe even Peter Blake.

I'd watch.

Edited by KLN

• Members

Nudity's not necessary but if you're going to make it Premium and make a point to write a in striptease, don't go halfway with it.

Your audience is housewives and gay men. Spell out "Merry XMas" on their asses or something. 

Edited by KLN

• Members

It's too bad they had to show a pic of Josh Taylor. I was hoping the homeless drunk was a much alive Roman played by Wayne Northrop. 

I thought when Brady was doing the cue cards and dropped the last one and Kristen watches him leave....I thought a butt shot.