Posted Images

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Giving credit to source of above screencaps:

https://twitter.com/abetterlizard/status/1471454092111265800
and
https://twitter.com/abetterlizard/status/1471450970790019080

-------

Deidre said they rehearsed the dance numbers a lot and that Martsolf coached them.

Male Santa strippers:
Xander (Paul Telfer)
Brady (Eric Martsolf)
Tripp (Lucas Adams)
Johnny (Carson Boatman)
EJ (Dan Feuerriegel)
Nick (Blake Berris)

Drag Santa ladies:
Sonny (Zach Tinker)
Will (Chandler Massey)
Chad (Billy Flynn)

Emcee: Leo (Greg Rikaart)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I was skeptical when they first cast EM as Brady. I liked Kyle Lowder and Martsolf was a pretty boy. Also I didn't have much interest in Brady once "Broe" fizzled out.

Making him an addict gave him an edge and pairing him with Kristen was combustible. She became his addiction/mirror and he became a DILF. I've loved Martsolf ever since.

I have to say seeing Eileen in this cemented that Stacy is "my" Kristen. I love Eileen, I think she's great, but for me the character has evolved.

Stacy gives her depth and the perfect mix of diagnosable personality disorder, tragic anti-heroine and batshit crazy. Her chemistry with Martsolf is off the charts and her Kristen is most viable as a long-term, usable character on the show.

I love Eileen but I feel the same about 'OG Kristen' as I do about my 9th grade boyfriend: fun in it's time but I've outgrown it.

Also, no one is asking for John and Kristen.

• Members

I don't know why Ron seems to obsessed with this pairing.  No one liked it that much at the time.  It's not a thing.  Sure, they still have good chemistry, but it was silly.  Kristen would never just settle for running an Inn with John and John barely cared she was banging his son.  Whatever.  Plus, Drake H. is a handsome silver fox, but ED's Kristen looks amazing.  No wonder she went for the younger, hotter version.

Also, Sami wasn't weirded out by watching her own son strip?  Nor was John?  And Johnny wasn't weirded out by stripping with his own dad lol?

• Members

Kristen and Brady work because she's a cougar and he's a DILF with equal sex appeal. Add their addictions and disorders and you've got a great, sexy 'anti'-couple. 

Kristen and John are about as exciting as my 1994 Ace of Base record.

Drake and Eileen have chemistry but they're not the story, never were. Just like you said.

Ron needs help. He's on the right track, he has the right sensibilities. The show has the elements to have a creative resurgence and he fits it very well. But he needs someone to guide him from the pitfalls.

Also, yes, family members watching each other strip in the public square was weird.  Did no one think of that before they filmed the scene? You can push the envelope and still be tasteful.

Stuff like that is why Ron needs a co-HW. Someone to ground the indulgent stuff.

• Members

The only way the strip scene could've worked is if they actually broke the fourth wall and acknowledged that it's actors doing their parts. Now it's just... weird.

Not a huge fan of the "breaking the fourth wall" as a story device, but if there ever was a scene that needed it, it was that.

Edited by te.

• Members

I liked it!

It was silly and obviously not canon but it was fun seeing the actors play something different. I'm glad that this isn't really how they write Nicole, EJ, or Sami, lol. The women all looked amazing in the movie. Sami looked adorable in her Brady pub apron. Chanel and Gabi looked fabulous as always. Nicole looked freaking stunning! Etc etc.

Will and Sonny talking about visiting Salem better not be a tease!

Nicole's ending was a surprise for me and I liked it. I didn't know we'd be seeing GV.

I actually really liked the Nick/Gabi stuff and I liked Gabi way more in this movie than I do on the actual show.

Eric Martsolf and Eileen still have chemistry.

Y'all know my thirsty ass LOVED the stripping. On one hand it was cringe, but the guys all looked really good. Weeeeird that Johnny and EJ are stripping together, LOL! They both looked damn good though.

Please register in order to view this content

Eric Martsolf is theeee best stripper!

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Yeah, I know Ron was going for 'what would the world be like if John/Marlena weren't together?' nonsense but it's not like they really explored why Kristen/John were together and John/Marlena weren't so what's the point?

I feel like I am nitpicking on something I honestly enjoyed, but this movie wasn't really made for non-Days viewers so there were things that just didn't make sense like family stripping or Eric being a bum literally outside his family's pub or what was canon and what wasn't...  Basically, it doesn't make sense to viewers or non viewers alike.  It might have made more sense if it was Will's dream or something.

Edited by carolineg