General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"NiNa StOlE hIm FrOm Us FoR nInE mOnThS" seems to be the new "MoRgAn LoVeD pEnGuInS". I know in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make a difference since bottom line, she did keep Sonny's identity from him but it doesn't make it any less revisionist and just eggs on the Carson fans. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I don't get this new angle that "Nikolas neglected Spencer for his whole life" that some online folks seem to push. Uh, what? Nikolas raised Spencer both in Europe and Port Charles on and offscreen for the bulk of his life before his 'death' in 2015, including in the several IRL years TC was gone until his return in '13. Obviously what Nik pulled to get one over on Valentin after he fell into that ocean was despicable, but in the years before that Nik had been there for Spencer for almost his entire childhood and he was a constant and committed parent until the recast. I can totally buy the rift in recent years since Coloma took over, but I also watched the show. I am far from Nikolas' biggest fan in the last 15 years, but people get too sprung for this twunk or the teen couple and want to totally rewrite history. Nik can be wrong for what he did after he 'died' and Spencer can be wrong for this crazy stalker mess - it's not an either/or, and it was never as simple as "Nik never had time for Spencer" because that's just not true. 

That being said, Jesus, Coloma got way too thin.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I like that GH has a lot more sets than other soaps, but why did they need a new kitchen set for Michael & Willow.  Between the gate house and the Q mansion there were plenty of other places they could have had that whiny conversation.

• Members

Right?

I don't mind, it was a nice kitchen. But we don't need the Corinthos kitchen and the Gatehouse kitchen (and of course both have similar features). Is it so they don't have to use the living room sets that much? I don't really get it.

It was the Gatehouse kitchen. Had to be LOL

• Members

Spencer seems energized by working though the jobs has some ups and downs. He is hustling and getting after it. Also, he continues to show that still wants his father's love. That is consistent with him, he won't let go of the animosity he has towards Ava, but deep down he does want a relationship with Nikolas. Speaking of Nikolas it seems like he's headed for a fall.  Especially since Shawn/Alexis are going to work to prove that he's guilty of having Hayden shot. Alexis mentioned his poor treatment of Spencer and other things he's done wrong/how he's behaved since he came back after pretending to be dead. She definitely called him out big time. Alexis is serious about wanting him to face consequences for that and for letting Shawn go to jail for that crime. I am interested in seeing how they get Spencer to help them. Shawn has good chemistry with Spencer and I look forward to watching them interact more.

I also wish they would develop Esme more. She told Ava today she wasn't close to her family but that was really the only development we got from her. She tried to make Spencer out to be worse than what he is, when she told Ava she did everything due to following instructions from him. (Instead of being truthful about going rogue with things like the fire). Ava did warn her at the end not to cross her again. 

Nina/Carly's exchange was interesting. Nina definitely is not backing down and it seemed like she's getting closer to slipping up and possibly telling or at least hinting to Carly about her and Sonny's closeness when he was Mike. Sonny does seem bothered by their fighting and he looks like he doesn't really want Nina to go to jail for anything. 

And I do wonder if the man that's asking about Curtis is connected to Cyrus. I definitely think he's Curtis's dad but I wonder why they had Sonny have that conversation with Curtis/Portia today. Maybe there is a connection there, though I wonder if it's more of a red herring. Portia did say she got an uneasy feeling after talking to the mysterious man, so there could be something there. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I kind of forgot about Charlotte, lol. Glad to see that the actress recovered from her real-life injuries and is back. I liked her scenes with Brooklyn. I love seeing Yuri.

Why are Sasha and Brando still on the show? Whooooo caressss about them. Apparently the actress who plays Gladys is 60. She looks really good. LMAO at Charlotte seeing Gladys and being like, "Who is this person?" Valentin had no time for Gladys.

Please register in order to view this content

The Hayden story has been so boring, so I'm glad they're getting Spencer involved. Lol at Shawn being like, "Do it for Violet!" and Spencer is just like who???

Howarth's hair is getting worse with each episode. It's so bad that it's distracting. He looks goofy. There is just no point to Austin.