Peacock Orders DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Of course, nobody asked for my opinion but I am really pleased for Days' fans.

For years, even before the PP/TOLN soaps I have believed that streaming was a viable way forward for soaps, including those connected with vintage and long-running daytime dramas. And with Days having the stability of having the streaming platform connected to a major network, flush with money, the production values should at least be somewhere above the average indie web production.

The one thing that I am wary of is whether this show will truly have the freedom that web shows usually have, or will the parent network try to monitor and "police" content as they do on network broadcast.

• Members

Thank you Errol.

Wanna drop who Eileen is playing

Please register in order to view this content

lol 

It's such good news overall. And I feel like the other networks SHOULD be taking notice. But are they? ABC and CBS feel completely checked out of their soaps. It's really quite ironic that NBC is so behind DAYS. Remember when it was DEAD in 2007? Hey, Zucker, how's it going at CNN? That's what he always wanted anyway. 24/7 news.

I'm wary of the same thing. I hope it feels ... fresher and less static than the show itself, honestly. Peacock is paying for it so it should have some sort of budget. However, I'm not sure what to expect looks-wise. I want 90s primetime special money and location shoots. That's likely not the case.

• Members

Eileen appearing, Austin Peck and Christie Clark appearing, and now this inspired recast with Zach Tinker? This show has so much potential.

Tinker, in particular, was done so wrong at Y&R. He is talented and is going to succeed with this role. He comes from real Hollywood pedigree - his step-grandmother was Mary Tyler Moore for goodness sake!

• Members

This is so exciting.  I'm so looking forward to seeing Austin & Carrie.  And I'm so happy about Sonny being recast--I definitely think FS was approached, but I'm so glad he turned them down (he'll likely really regret this later) . . . he was not working as Sonny for a really long time.  And I, personally, don't think that because of anything appearance-related . . . he just got . . . so . . . expressive since his 2016 return.  Like, I think he thought he was portraying Sonny really earnestly, but he was either SO saccharine (doing big doe eyes) or SO pouty (with serious face scrunching).  It was just beyond off, and he wasn't like that from 2011-15.

And I'm sooo ready for Billie!  She's definitely in my top 5 of fav. characters, but if we're talking a long-term return, I prefer Julie Pinson (not like Rinna would ever return for any meaningful length of time).  But considering Housewives, it makes sense for her to lead this . . . Peacock can piggyback off that, but it's a shame RHoBH isn't filming rn because this would be a cool thing to feature, ESP. with Eileen participating.

I'm crossing my fingers for higher production values (doubtful lol, esp. since this cast is an investment!) and I really hope it can be current and fresh, not hokey like soaps tend to be.