Peacock Orders DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wonder is this a test if the show ever got canceled on the network that the series can  go streaming on Peacock? I will be watching and curious to see if the quality will be any better? I wouldn't mind if they allowed them to swear slightly more. 

• Members

If it follows the quality of Chad & Abigail in Paris and Last Blast Reunion, then I have zero hopes. As for swearing, let's hope some light swearing happens!

Changed it to say "source" instead to avoid confusion. Thanks. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

These were bad but it could be interesting for soaps on streaming to take on some Marvel Cinematic Universe characteristics. Having a mothership and multiple ongoing spin-off series that characters come in and out of but with a tighter focus. For example, a Will/Sonny/Paul series where they can show more of their lives immersed in a gay community, and people like Kate, Sami, and Gabi can pop in (similar to how characters from GH turned up on PC and GH:NS). It would require a creative visionary with a defter hand than Ken Corday and someone to make sure all the different series cohere narratively under the DAYS umbrella, but it would be an interesting streaming model further down the road. A way of introducing a lot of content using tried-and-tested IP.

• Members

Wow, this is very encouraging to hear.

Please register in order to view this content

I don't expect too much in terms of the quality (I'm guessing it'll be on par with the Chabby-in-Paris / Last Blast reunion, with more generous usage of sets), but it shows NBC and Corday are thinking long-range for the future of this show and its survival.  And a very smart move to bring in Lisa Rinna, who's now better known for Real Housewives than DAYS

• Members

That's great. Last Blast and Abby and Chad might not have had amazing production values, but it must've done well enough for Peacock to pick this up. Hopefully getting picked up by Peacock properly and not just the DAYS app means that they can at least have slightly better production values, but I'm not getting my hopes up.