Peacock Orders DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem

• Members

I agree that it's good that NBC is experimenting with this as streaming is the future. It would be a fun idea to continue this series with characters with followings that aren't on the show full-time. I like the idea that someone mentioned with a limited show about Will/Sonny/Paul and their lives now. There are so many possibilities.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if this would count as a "separate show" with the Daytime Emmys and could fall in the same category as the other digital series, like The Bay.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am dying to know if this will have proper production values because the multi-locale search for a diamond can absolutely not go the route of using three different closet size sets. 

Interested to see who else is announced and wonder how heavily this will tie into regular DAYS

• Members

Definitely a test to see if original, daytime-serial-type content can attract eyeballs on Peacock. If it works, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the mothership eventually move over there. Scripted entertainment on broadcast TV is dying. I wouldn’t want to be in the broadcast network affiliate business these days.

• Members

They are taping it this week. These are some of the casting calls that went out recently, so they have budget to spend on a lot of U/5s (unlike the actual show):

Role: Brunette Caucasian Female
Audition Date(s): 07/12/2021
Start Date: 07/26/2021
Info: Seeking a Brunette Caucasian Female. - 28-40 . Wears a cat suit, so must be in great physical shape. You MUST be 5'3 and wear size 0/2. About 110-117 pounds. (This is a body match, so no exceptions!) This is a special Business U5, so there are no lines, but it's VERY featured and you'll have a blast.

Role: Harold Sakata ("Oddjob") Look-alike
Audition Date(s): 07/12/2021 week of
Start Date: 07/26/2021 week of
Info: Seeking a male actor that can look like Harold Sakata who played Oddjob in the film Goldfinger (and other James Bond Films.) Please Google it. He was Japanese, but can be any ethnicity if you look like him. Needs to be beefy, 200 plus pounds. 5'8 -5'11. This is a Special Business Under Five that is VERY featured and will be a blast. 30 to 45 years old, East Asian, Filipino, Pacific Islander male

Role: Upscale Male Guards
Audition Date(s): 07/06/2021 week of
Info: 30 to 40 years old, all ethnicities. Seeking 2 Upscale Guards, 30 to 40 years old. Must be at least 6 feet tall, but no more than 6'3. Must be willing to be clean shaven. These roles are special business U5s, so there are no lines, but will be very featured.

Role: Great Looking Real Couples
Info: 25 to 35 years old, all ethnicities. Seeking attractive, in great shape, REAL couples! Married or dating couples who will be a part of a fun, sexy, romantic summer day at the pool. 25 to 35, any ethnicity. You must both be in GREAT shape and comfortable in swimwear! Say something about your partner in the notes. These roles are Featured Extras, Extras and Special business U5s. PLEASE NOTE: Extra work on soaps is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than other kinds of extra work. It's quicker, fun and will never stop you from being considered for larger roles in the future. So submit! 

Role: Pool Party Guests
Info: 25 to 40 years old, all ethnicities. Seeking Attractive Men and Woman in great shape for fun summer pool party scenes. 25-40, All Ethnicities. MUST be comfortable and look terrific in swimwear! These roles are featured Extras and Extras, with possible U5 upgrades. PLEASE NOTE: Extra work on soaps is completely different than other kinds of extra work. It's quicker, fun and will NEVER stop you from being considered for larger roles in the future!

Role: Attractive Male Gay Couple
Audition Date(s): 07/19/2021 week of
Info: 28 to 38 years old, all ethnicities male. Seeking an attractive, in great shape, REAL Male Gay couple! Married or dating, who will be a part of a fun, sexy, romantic summer day at the pool. 25 to 38, You must both be in GREAT shape and comfortable in swimwear! (Say something about your partner in the notes.) These roles are Featured Extras, with a slight possibility of a U5 upgrade. PLEASE NOTE: Extra work on soaps is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than other kinds of extra work. It's quicker, fun and will never stop you from being considered for larger roles in the future. And it will be a fun memory for you and your partner. So submit! This works one or two days, the week of July 26th or on August 2nd or 3rd.

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

This even made the NY Post. Despite what some fans think, outside of AS, LR is easily the most widely known mainstream 'star' associated with DAYS.

It's also only 5 episodes. Soaps really do need to embrace streaming. Just look at the streams ER, GA, Dynasty (2017), etc. I mean Dynasty (Season 3) was #1 on Netflix (US) the week it was released.

P&G - simply foolish for not putting their soaps on a service. Same with ABC with AMC/OLTL/RH/PC/LovingTC.     

• Members

@JAS0N47 there was one more:

Role: Drag Queens
Audition Date(s): 07/19/2021 week of
Info: Seeking men who do drag for fun party scenes. You will do your own hair and makeup and wear your own clothes. Make sure to let me know in the notes if there is a link for me see some of your work. These roles are Special Business U5's. This means there are no lines, but you will be featured and have a blast! 25 to 38 years old, all ethnicities male.