Peacock Orders DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'WOW!!! They actually have a budget for this. Party scenes with drag queens. Tons of extra's, pool scenes. The plot sounds like an 80's acton/adventure story. It will probably be a campy mess under RC's pen.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Right?

Ron Carlivati

Not to mention Disney+.

ABC has no excuse

Paramount can't do squat with ATWT or GL. Isn't Telenext/P&G the issue? Maybe if CBS had been allowed to buy those shows from them ... siiiiiiigh.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

If this is successful it’ll be a big deal for soaps. Days is already successful streaming and this, even with a better budget than the daytime show, will obviously be much cheaper than any of their other original shows. Right now Peacock is trying to figure out what works for them. If this gets good views I wouldn’t be surprised to see more from Days. 

I also think this will wake the other soaps are just looking at the attention this got. Y&R is a lost cause, but it shocks me that with its international success that Brad Bell hasn’t pursued a B&B spin off. 

Also, for those asking about Pine Valley, I still believe it’s coming. The script was turned in at the end of February. It’s obviously not being developed in the normal time frame that would’ve gotten it on the air this fall. I’m still confident that will get a pilot at the very least. 

• Members

Lisa Rinna is the bigger name and will bring some curious eyeballs to the show on her own due to Housewives. Add that they might be able to include footage on the Housewives show and it's a win-win for all involved.