Peacock Orders DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem

• Members

My excitement is dampened by the concern over budget and how the show will look as well as how the CIN stans have already made it all about them. I cringed seeing their involvement.

Other than that, I think this is a great idea! More of this please! Lisa Rinna is a bit of an odd choice to focus it around but whatever, it's still nice to see her. Billie doesn't feel as needed anymore without Bo or Hope, or even Austin around. Yeah there's Lucas and Kate but meh ... I'd rather see Shane Donovan. Anywho in the context of a limited series It's nice to see her.

It bodes very well IMO. I like this a lot.

I know we had the Chabby and Last Blast webseries' as well but this seems more ... official? I wonder if it gets coins thrown at it and it's not just re-dressed sets and filming in the local woods.

I LOL at Deadline "from it's launch in 1992". No, Lisa Rinna joined the show IN 1992. Sorry, I'm nitpicky and petty.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’ve been saying if these apps soaps wanna survive they need to build their streaming output. This is a smart move for Days and since it’ll use many of their biggest cast members, it’ll get eye balls. Hopefully this goes well enough to develop a proper spin off with a stand alone story!

I hope this inspires Paramount Plus to do the same with the Bell soaps and Hulu with GH. Forrester International is literally begging for a spin off  

• Members

Using Deidre and Drake, Lisa and the Black cast (and yes, Ben and Ciara, sigh) when they move to Peacock is no coincidence. To me it indicates someone involved is looking to the future and the modern demographics, which network daytime simply doesn't do.

• Members

You can already watch GH on Hulu. I don't have any cable service and I can watch full GH episodes there.  I just log into hulu.com on my PC and it works.

But the GH epis are up for a limited time before they get taken down.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Agreed. Peacock isn't just doing this for sh!ts and giggles. They want to test the waters, see if Days has pulling power (although I hear NBCu is already pleased with the demos streaming the daily Days episodes).