GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Or at least if it was made explicit that most people GUESSED it was a marriage of convenience. Most characters even just a little bit familiar with the dynamic between those two and the context of the "business" being left in disarray after Sonny's death should be able to figure it out.
Let's have a few characters gossip and speculate that this is what it is. Give us some hint the characters are smart.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It does seem very stupid for no one to figure it out lol.  Nothing about Jarly screams passion.  And both Jason and Carly have entered into marriages of convenience before.  But maybe people are just like they finally realized they are obsessed with each other and are getting married?  It's pretty silly.

• Members

I hate this Jason & Carly engagement crap.   Jason & Britt had great momentum.   Jason & Carly are more like brother and sister kinda of than a romantic couple.   Having Elizabeth, Sam etc. be ok with this is PURE B.S. and NOT within either character.   And it was also very stupid for Britt & Jax to hit the sack.  Agreed that NOONE wanted THAT.

• Members

Setting aside the fact it was specifically Jax and that is a big no for me, I don't understand that soap trope of people immediately rushing to bed with someone else after having their hearts broken. And I mean immediately.
It is not that it doesn't happen in real-life: casual sex sometimes helps heal wounds. But in the context of trying to sell us "Britt/Jason" as a great love, it really doesn't help. It is not sex-shaming: Britt can gangbang the entire hospital staff for all I care. But there is something about jumping into bed with someone else less than 24 hours later, even out of spite, that undermines the "magical romance" aspect of it. It becomes less star-crossed lovers and more two petty people trying to hurt each other with bad choices. And it is obviously less rootable-for.

• Members

I agree with you guys that say that if RH should have been Austin from the get go. I actually don't mind him in this role, and actually liked his scenes with Maxie today. Though, they do continue to try and shoehorn him in this show and various roles, and I can see why people are tired of that.

I enjoy Lenny/Phyllis. I hope he will heal and they end up staying around, if only in a recurring role. This may have been mentioned before but Joyce Guy who plays Phyllis reminds me of Madge Sinclair. Especially her speaking voice. 

I also do like Nina and "Mike". I like Cynthia Watros take on this character. I do wonder what will happen when Sonny get his memory  back. 

Spencer made me laugh with the way he was insinuating that Ava was into Austin, when he was talking to Nikolas. The way he's trying to scheme is funny. I'm looking forward to watching his scenes with Trina tomorrow/the teens. It was interesting how they had him reveal himself to Cam/Joss today. I wonder how things will play out tomorrow, when he sees Trina. He did wink at Joss and some people on places like Twitter are concerned about that. And are afraid they might try and do something romantic with him and Joss. He's got great chemistry with Trina, but I can understand why people might not trust this show. Especially if he ends up having chemistry with Joss. 

• Members

And they’re putting him in scenes with Ava to capitalize on RH’s old rapport with MW. It’s just kinda lame because even though the part is different, they are slotting him into familiar places. And they aren’t acknowledging him as a Franco lookalike in spite of some odd exchanges of glances with Liz. I can imagine someone who hasn’t watched GH in a while being really confused.

• Members

And having him already in scenes with Jason too. And it is funny how they aren't even trying to acknowledge that he looks familiar to Franco. Not one eyebrow has been raised at his appearance, lol. I do wonder what their plans for him might end up being. I actually think they might be better off trying to make him more of a good guy this time around. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

They didn’t waste any time sexualizing Joss, Cam and Trina lol 

And I love spotting all the NY bloopers on this show. NY Methodist isn’t in Manhattan, it’s in Brooklyn.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I like Nina and Mike too. Although I hope they don't write Sonny to hate her like he did after having sex with Ava. That drives me crazy! I know eventually he'll be back with Carly, but I pray he still retains that "Mike" feeling towards her. Sonny being an ass to other women is such a turn-off. And if Sonny retained some feeling for Nina it would bother the hell out of Carly.

• Members

Spencer's scheming is sooo sloppy. Which is kind of appropriate since he's young and it probably wouldn't be realistic for his plans to be 100% foolproof. Why did he give Trina a fake name if he's just going to go out in very public places like the Metro Court where everyone knows him? Silly, lol. I'm really enjoying him though. I loved him trying to rub Ava/Austin in Nik's face. I have zero interest in Cam and Joss. Snooze-ville. Keep Spencer away from Joss. I was wondering when we'd finally hear the word "townie." Ugh.

We're really spending time on Lenny's condition. I actually like him but come on. I'd love to see Lenny live and Sonny still have a bond with him and Phyllis once he has his memories back. He's gonna need someone to talk to when he comes home and sees what Carly's up to. Have Sonny bring the Tan-O to PC and set them up in a nice house so they can recur.

More Nina/Willow scenes. Riveting television.

So we have Austin interacting with Ava, Scotty, Sam, Jason... gosh, this is just so different from Franco!

We have a hot Spencer now so they have to step it up with the rest of these kids too

Please register in order to view this content