GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

So let me ask because I missed those conversations here at the time.

What's the consensus around these parts about BC? I mean, he did give a bit of a douche vibe in real life although I never heard anything concrete.
Do we "hate" him? Do we have a reason to? Or is just the character we don't want back?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have to admit, good question LOL! I personally don't know how I feel. I think Craig is just a douchey dude who thinks he's better than he is at acting so it's a turn off?

Meanwhile ... it's really kinda sad and pathetic seeing stans on social media cling to couples who had no chemistry and whine about how they aren't being catered too (all the while spinning it as the show is 'bad' etc.) anymore. I'm glad they dumped Julian, "Friz", "Fanna", "Jasam", "Carson" ... 

I mean, we all have our faves. But it's the spinning of 'how bad the show is' that makes me roll my eyes. They're just pissed they aren't being catered to.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

7-9-21

A few notes...

Well...that was rushed. And by THAT I mean the Shawn/Alexis storyline. I am happy they are out and can mix it up with all relevant people, but I was hoping that Molly would have been more undercover with the shady judge for a while longer. Now I will worry if TJ and Molly are going to vanish back into the woodwork. I love the TJ/Shawn hug was the Friday coda. Not a cliffhanger, but it was so satisfying.

I LOVE seeing so much Monica. There she is at the hospital! There she is cameoing into the Peter/Liz/Finn storyline! There she is dealing with Carly and Jason! And oh, look...BROOKLYN'S FOINE BODYGUARD has a crush on her! Ooooo!!!

Please register in order to view this content

I am also loving seeing more of Terry. It's about time she got a point of view. And I hope we see her, Portia, Liz, and Amy (welcome back!) have a girl house and we see it!!!! And great to see her with a storyline. A fight for the COS...how PORT CHARLES of them!!!  

I thought while directionless for a week, there were a lot of developments. Let's see what this coming week goes...

]

• Members

I love seeing the JaSam fans on twitter make wild claims that the show's ratings are solely dependent on if Jason and Sam are together or not. According to them, any time the ratings go down, it's because Jason likes Britt now and not Sam. LOL. Okayyy.

Do Finn and Anna really have stans? I guess I don't pay attention. I'm yet to see much fanfare over any Finn pairing. Or Finn in general.

I'm glad that they're shaking up the pairings. Jason and Sam were beyond stale and the actors seemed really over the pairing. The story with Britt has breathed new life into Jason (the engagement with Carly, not so much, lol). It's been good to have a break from Sonny dominating everything in Port Charles (though Mike is getting boring and I'm ready for something to happen, and I'm sure we'll be back to Carly/Sonny soon enough). Anna is so much better with Valentin, and Valentin is finally an enjoyable character now that he's mostly out of Nina's orbit. Franco/Friz needed to go, not that I find Finn/Liz exciting and we're still stuck with Howarth. I do laugh at the social media stans complaining about how awful the show is without William deVry. Please...

Then you even have people who are up in arms because they recast Nicholas Bechtel. A child. As if this has never happened in the history of soaps. We're clearly delving into more mature territory with Spencer now and it was time to move onto a different actor. We're not gonna have Bechtel shirtless at the pool and flirting with Trina. Spencer is 18 like the rest of the group now and they can tell more adult stories with them. The new guy is doing decent so far for being a brand new actor, plus he's adorable and seems like a sweet kid. I like him.

Also, random but we need Felicia to hang out at the new pool. She and Mac should have plenty of free time with Maxie taking the kids out of town. I don't look this good and I'm half her age...

• Members

I wonder how that finally came about. Did Nicholas Bechtel say no or did Frank finally wake up and realize that we couldn't wait for him forever. We might not have even had Oscar and Dev had they just aged Spencer when they should have a few years ago. 

I like NuSpencer. I admit though, that in his first episode, it did sound like he was shouting his lines most of the time, but he's improved over the past few episodes, and he has good chemistry with pretty much everyone that he's shared scenes with so far. I'm looking forward to this storylines, and most of the storylines in general. Overall, GH has been really good these past few weeks.

• Members

It's so bizarre to me that, and as much as I love Finola, they have Anna as some romantic heroine but have Felicia latched onto Mac when she too could be just as involved (same for Lucy Coe). And viewers love seeing Mac. So we see neither of them. It's so bizarre. I know Kristina has had some losses and took time away but is she just done with GH or are they not interested? Why is Felicia not there for Maxie? Hell, why don't they use Mac more? They could do better. It's not hard. They prove they can when I see them use Monica effectively this month.

It's really crazy seeing the stanbases of different couples and actors lose their minds. It's time to stop catering to them and it seems GH got the memo. Meanwhile, Ron continues to cater to the Cin stans ...

The Bechtel stans border on creepy to me. Let it goooooo .... I think Chavez has the energy of Spencer down. I'm happy so far.

It's hilarious seeing the Jasam fans think they are the 'foundation the show was built on' ... like .. get out of here with that nonsense! But after the Phelps/Guza years of endless Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam, their stans can't bear it when they aren't on everyday doing the same thing.

I include Fanna but really I don't see many stans for them, just a general 'EVERY COUPLE GOT BROKEN UP THE SHOW SUCKS' (when most of those couples SUCKED). The FRIZ stans were the worst. They already stan Austin and Liz. Like ... LORD. What they really are is a stan of Howarth. I also don't understand the stans clinging to Julian either. Like they think the 'show sucks now' because he's dead.

Some crazy stan even wants Sonny to be DREAMING all of this. Just because they're unhappy they aren't being catered to. "Everyone is acting out of character" ... lol. You can't make this stuff up.

I think it was just blatantly clear they needed Spencer and Bechtel can't pull it off. I think his appearance last year was a 'test' that failed and Frank finally had to accept it. Especially when, for years, Spencer and Cam were 'rivals' as kids. They really had no choice.

• Members

Bryan Craig's social media behavior during his run on GH was extensive, not a secret and very often hilarious. If you didn't hear about it you weren't looking very hard. I don't know about how "we" feel or who "we" are but it is common public knowledge he made a complete fool of himself on the regular, and not just the time he went to Bali and began rambling about 'Muslim dog eaters' on Twitter. Kelly Thiebaud has not recovered from that debacle period either AFAIC, but I've never thought much of her or Britt.

Michael Easton fans once got mad at me for not caring that they SORASed McBain's baby on OLTL in 2013. It was a baby.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I'm sure I'll get scolded yet again but I don't give a s*hit.

Bryan Craig was douche-y. The writing for Morgan was Douche-y to fit him. Morgan was poorly written.  

The Bechtel fans out there are more than a bit creepy.

Some things I saw on Social media this week:

"They'd better get Jasam back together, sign my petition to ABC."

"Finn and Anna were a love for the ages"

"Why couldn't he just be Franko. I loved him!  It was their biggest mistake killing him off"

" Can't wait for Liz and Austin to steam up my screen again. Howarth is so dreamy"

"Willow and Michael need to have a baby together. Sasha doesn't deserve a child"

Uggggh.

And my personal favorite, "With all these characters, Phyllis, Lenny, Stella, Jordan, Curtis, Shawn taking up space, there's not enough time for MY characters. And now that TJ was on all week with Molly."  I wasn't in the group, so I couldn't respond, but that one really pissed me off.  TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL, DAVID DUKE.  Yep. Not in that GH group and never will be. Just inexcusable.

I'm liking NuSpencer and appreciate we still see glimmers of the way he's always been written.     Does Valentin know he rigged the election?   I can't recall. Hoping he'll be getting a little grief for that at some point.  Waiting for him to go to see Alexis, too.

Count me in for not expecting Ryan to be wheeled into Alexis's prison sitting room.

• Members

On the subject of the Spencer recast, my thing is, the write those teen characters in such an immature way that I wish they'd kept him on screen the past few years instead of MIA in boarding school. I don't think he would've been out of place in a teen set that acts like they're 12 years old. Based on the stories they got he wouldn't have needed to be a romantic lead or anything other than a child anyway. With that said, I LOVE the recast and I'm glad they're giving Trina something real to do. I just wish the character hadn't been MIA for so long. 

• Members

True to all that stuff about He Who Shall Not Be Named. However, I will give the benefit of the doubt and assume they missed the dirt when he was being He Who Is a Douche.

And speaking of the benefit of the doubt...I tried with this Austin character. And I felt that the writing was working for RH because they were slllloowwwwly introducing him. But here I am on 7/13 and it does feel like the writers are now shoving him into the limelight waaaaaaay too soon. Not helped by the fact that the smirks, bad acting, and no sense of nuance are back. Just smh.

Oh, well. At least I like the building of Spencer and Trina. And Laura and Nik in scenes together as they get onto the stalker storyline. And hmmm. Ever since Marcus Columa was in that scene with Lynn Herring, I suuuuuuure do like looking him a lot more. lol.

And yes, still living for Britt/Jason. They both are selling their angst and I am like awwww. 

• Members

I wish the rumors of him being Todd were true. I'd welcome Todd, Blair, Starr and Jack and you can get rid of Brando, Willow, Michael and Sasha. Roger Howarth is a good actor, but I don't know that he's versatile enough to create a third interesting character on the same show. Todd would've been an easy fit who could reinvigorate the show. Austin is just snoozeworthy and attaching him to the Quartermaine family while killing off his father without an appearance makes it feel pointless. 

• Members

Yeah...I had some hope at first with Austin because the writers were going about it the right way. 

Now? Nope. lol. 

I know the boat has sailed, but I could have gone with Todd coming back. Even Todd has unfinished business that would have worked right now. Like Carly and Jason's engagement alone given where Carly and Todd were in their relationship. Add on the Sonny element. Just...wasted potential.

I agree with you. 

• Members

I agree. Todd purchasing Crimson from Aurora (or even taking over Aurora from an unsuspecting Jax and Michael), and taking back control of the magazine. Reuniting with Carly. Not returning Todd was such a missed opportunity. The concept of Austin works, but Roger Howarth is not executing that concept accurately.

Add on Skye and even Téa, and we can [finally] get the Alcazar storyline we were robbed of... which would mean luring Ted King from The Bold and the Beautiful.