GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like the actor now playing Spencer but it seems weird to me because he was always the runt of the all of the kids back when.  Now, he towers over everyone, including his dad.  I am glad they made the change!

• Members

I believe he knows that Sonny's dead. (In addition to visiting Mike's Grave) He's always been very close to Sonny, that's one of Sonny's best relationships. He introduced Sonny to Valentin when he was younger and said that Sonny was from his "wonderful mother's" side. He's mentioned Courtney before when he was younger, but he's been mentioning her quite a bit since he met Trina. He's already talked with Trina three times about Courtney. It looks like they are bonding over issues regarding their parents. This might come into play even more if Curtis ends up being Trina's dad. I could see a storyline about her paternity happening. 

I agree that the New Spencer has good chemistry with a lot of people. I enjoyed his scenes with Britt the other day. They've always had a good relationship and he considered her a mother figure. It's nice to hear that they continued to keep in touch offscreen and see them bond again.

Edited by xtr

• Members

The kid playing Spencer is still a bit wooden but he has charisma and the longstanding bratty personality to make up for his green skills, and chemistry with his castmates. I will never like Britt or her paper-thin character since Day One but the relationship between the two exists and I'm glad it was serviced. He really should be bi eventually because he pinged off the scale with Britt, but that's a problem for another day.

I still don't understand when Spencer turned on Ava; I thought they were friendly when Bechtel appeared with her as Ava tried to reconcile him and Nikolas just after Nik's return from the dead. Maybe I misinterpreted, but it was clear to me at the time they were propping Ava up with his support. Speaking of Ava, West and Coloma still have chemistry but I must say that the longer she's on the show the more Ava's every emotional scene leans further and further into what @DRW50long ago termed as "Fire Marshall Bill from In Living Color" camp. Any time Maura gets going with the arch drama all I see is Fire Marshall Bill! I love it, but I can only take Ava so seriously as an empathetic person. She is out for Ava.

• Members

Regarding some other stories from this week, I thought that Stella was a bit tough with Shawn. But he handled things well and very respectfully. I am interested in seeing what happens now that he is out.

Please register in order to view this content

Michael and Willow continue to be on the duller side. I do like Michael and I think that one of the best things the show did was have him embrace his Quartermaine Family and their business. But he hasn't generated much chemistry with his love interests. I do think he has more chemistry with Sasha, than he does Willow, and I did like their scenes at the hospital the other day. This storyline with Willow does feel flat. I think that Willow's really is better suited with Chase and that their chemistry is better. But they are having her pity Chase & wanting Michael over him and it's not very interesting. Hopefully Chase will get back to walking sooner than later and they can end this storyline. Chase can interact more with Brook Lynn.

I like Brando okay and he actually reminds me a bit of Ryan Paevey, with the way he looks sometimes. He is handsome. It would be nice if he found something else to do besides working for Jason/Carly. (Especially since he's about to be a father). They could have made him a Corinthos member who had a legitimate job, but who still could have some sort of bond with the family and helped them get out of rough situations at times. Maybe he could have worked at the Metrocourt or something. 

• Members

Today's episode was basically B- and C-storyline day. I liked hot Brando choosing his baby/baby mama over the mob. Why does Gladys want her son to be involved with the mob so badly? I laughed today when she was all, "I just want the best for my boy." And that's the mob??? Huh. Sasha needs to push her into the pool.

I thought the Sam and Dante scenes were cute. I'm not sure what it says about the quality of the episode, but they were the highlight for me. I just wish Dante was still scruffy.

I reallllly don't care about Jordan and Curtis's divorce. I was rolling my eyes at Jordan's crying at the end.

Nice of them to trot Terry out and give her like three lines...

• Members

It made no sense to me that Spencer tried to use an alias —wearing no disguise at that —- in a town where he’s well known as has so many connections. Otherwise he’s a good addition to the canvas. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Spencer turned on Ava the moment she accepted Valentin's offer to have her face reconstructed in-exchange for her refusing to testify against him on Spencer's lawsuit over Nikolas' death.
And then when Nikolas decided to stay with Ava over Spencer (due to their martial agreement), it soured him even more against her.

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

I did too. Let him do something legimitate and safe for a living. He can still be friendly with Jason/Carly/Sonny and maybe help them out from time to time. 

I am interested in seeing how him and Trina's relationship progresses forward right now while people don't know that he's really Victor. She told Ava she's still into "Victor" and Ava told her to give him a chance. But now she's been introduced to him as "Spencer" (by Cam/Joss) and people know he's back in town. Plus Portia saw and met him as "Victor" which puts a wrinkle into things. Trina can't really date him right now as Spencer. (Cam/Joss were already getting suspicious at much Trina/Spencer were talking/spending time together after they were "introduced".)

They may try and play their relationship cool in public to avoid people figuring out Spencer is "Victor". I could see them struggling with that as their relationship grows. I could also see them having close moments in private, and trying to keep their relationship/romance more of a secret for the time being. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

But wasn't that long before Nik returned? I saw Chavez's Spencer mention that to him the other day, but I could've sworn that when Coloma started in the role - after the lawsuit - Ava was key in trying to get Spencer and Nikolas together because she and the young Spencer had some rapport (which IMO was done to prop Ava as a sympathetic heroine, like so many things they try to do then back off of because Ava is ultimately only interesting as a villain/antihero).

Edited by Vee

• Members

Why do I have a feeling Gladys is going to meddle, with the intention of engineering Brando’s placement with Carly and Jason, but will end up either driving Sasha away or causing her to lose her baby (whatever camera angles they could use to achieve that with Sofia Mattsson’s legit pregnancy)?

• Members

I can't imagine they'd have her lose the baby at this stage. But I do wonder what is going to happen when they need to write her out for her maternity leave.

I am fascinated by the cognitive dissonance between that storyline vs the Jason/Britt storyline.
Granted I hate Jason but it is reminding us that, yes, Jason did have a choice and has had that same choice over the years and has repeatedly chosen to keep killing people for a living.
So... not quite the hero.