GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I definitely get the sense of the Austin-Maxie pairing... even though the Maxie pairing I want is never going to happen.

As for Ava... we know Roger Howarth and Maura West play well together. But, I'mma need them really draw the character of Austin out to be more fleshed.

Britt won't go without a fight. I could see her using her diagnosis as a pawn for pulling Jason away.

• Members

As pissed as I am about the casting of that role, now that he is here, I am going to keep an open mind. But I need to understand who that man is - not even the underlying plot, just a sense of his personality - before I start pairing him with people or throwing him in front-burner story. 
They should at least give us time to get to know him and "like him" and I fear they think just casting H is enough for us to be invested in whatever he is doing.
No. If we are going to pretend he is a brand new character who doesn't look exactly like Franco and Todd, fine, then let's play by THOSE rules and introduce him like you would a real newbie. Writers can't have it both ways.

• Members

Joss is so damn annoying with her Jason ass kissing. I rolled my eyes so hard when she wanted Jason's approval before she went to Cam's graduation party. Seriously? I would love for someone to point out to her that Jason didn't want Cameron to know who Franco's real killer was in order to keep Cam safe from Peter. Not to mention, Jason is a freaking hitman, and Franco literally asked Jason to kill him.

I appreciate that they actually had Bobbie at Josslyn's party. She was the highlight of the episode. "Jason who?"

It's really dumb that they don't just have Jason explain to Britt why he's marrying Carly, but I guess there wouldn't be much angst between them if they did that. I love that Britt's reaction to the news was just, "Okay, there's the door, bye." I do have to laugh that Jason showed far more emotion with Britt today than he did when Sam dumped him. I thought Kelly T was good today, I felt bad for Britt.

I'm also rolling my eyes that in Carly's scenes they have her trying to convince everyone that this marriage is real. Everyone can see right through their plan, why would they not just have Carly be like, yeah, we're marrying for the sake of the business? Nothing in this storyline makes sense. And then we have to hear about how this marriage is what Sonny would want. LOL

Nina talking about how there's no dysfunction, lying or deception with her and Mike

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah, Brad needs to get out of prison and finally get a damn storyline for him and for Lucas as well.

And this Cam/Joss storyline would have made a lot more sense if Dev was still alive. But it is sort of nice to actually see the teens have an actual storyline for teens rather than having them deal with death over and over again.

• Members

It was frustrating that Jason didn’t simply explain his business marriage to Carly, but as @AlexElizabeth said it’s most likely to heighten the drama.

But Britt has been in the mix enough to understand his reasoning and play the low key role to be with Jason on the side. They could have definitely made some comedy-drama off of that triad situation. It could have developed into Carly & Jason getting confused about their feelings for each other, something to the effect of Alan/Monica/Susan/Phelippe, lol. 

• Members

Not even three minutes into this mess and I’m already annoyed. This guy tells this girl that he READ

Please register in order to view this content

IN HER JOUR NAL that she wrote he’s a bad kisser and instead of asking why the hell were you reading my journal she plants one on him??

And Trina, young lady do you wanna go rinse of Lord knows what kind of substance that is before you give a play by play??

• Members

Awwwwww, cutie Spencer "checking on" Trina. I think he'll work.

And lol at how awful they're making Judge CARSON. (Carly/Sonny's ship name is Carson).

But I appreciate the idea behind it, and trying to tell a story about Shawn being wrongfully stuck in jail. 

I miss real cast portraits. In the 2000s it seemed all the soaps were constantly putting them out. Group photos, individuals ... 

Cam and Joss are such missed potential it's pathetic really

I can understand Joss being blind to Jason because she's Carly's spawn and Carly worships the ground Jason walks on, but like ... we've never really see Jason and Josslyn have any sort of family relationship. That would go a long way. Yet we HAVE seen her with Cam.

Nina is a mess. LOL. I love it. She's just casually hanging out with her friends while never saying a word. I love it. And amazing how the show can exist and actually be more interesting when Sonny isn't on or dominating.

I'm really over the mob TBH. It's just ridiculous at this point. 50 year old Jason just giving up his life constantly for this mob life is stupid. I feel like something's gotta give here. I can imagine a point where neither Jason or Sonny want to be in the business anymore, but really, no one believable is left to take it over. Carly needs to be played by Sarah Joy Brown for me to take her as a mob leader seriously, and Michael and Kristina are pathetic as characters, which neither should be.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I miss comprehensive cast portraits, too.

But, that being said, Disney-ABC has been consistent with General Hospital since 2015. Shame they couldn't be in the final years of All My Children.

My complaint is we know they conducted shoots in 2019, and even before... and have yet to release so many of them (especially of certain cast members) and their opening credit looks.

CBS has been crap at doing them, especially for The Young and the Restless. NBC showed promise at the conclusion of 2020... but, they dropped the ball again!