GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So by that article and given that GH had the week of July 5 off & maybe the week before, they are already filming episodes that air this September 

Trying to catch up to Days prod schedule I guess

Edited by John

• Members

I hate to say it but I kinda like Anna and Valentin. I'm shocked. I know. I never thought I would. But Valentin has come a very long way. Somehow he was salvaged, IMHO. I credit James Patrick Stuart and his charm and chemistry with that too.

Sam and Elizabeth make sense as friends. Not BFFs of course but a "having each other's backs" kinda thing. Robin can be their third

Please register in order to view this content

I mean, let's be honest though, Sam as a character was used to kick Elizabeth to the curb. JMO. But I liked their scenes.

Jason looked miserable as Carly wrapped her arms around him. This sums up Jarly perfectly. PERFECTLY. I LOVED Britt's attitude towards them. Jax can be shoved off the balcony for all I care but I loved him reading Carly for filth.

I don't think Cam/Joss have any chemistry, sorry LOL. The boys have always had chemistry with each other and the girls with each other. Just saying.

I've always wondered how far ahead they are. I knew it wasn't super far ahead but I could never ever remember, so good to know. I kinda figured it out when Mathison posted he was starting to film.

All DAYS can afford is a kiddie pool. Probably not even that! LOL

I appreciate the effort lately with the sets.

It's true

• Members

Since removing Nina from Valentin's orbit.. I've been enjoying the character more. Finola Hughes and James Patrick Stuart have palpable chemistry. I'm still irked the darkness Valentin was meant to harness was never brought to light during Stuart's time in the role.

It was nice seeing them working together instead of against each other.

Maybe instead of Kyle/Noah on Y&R, I can get Cam and Spencer on GH. Would explain why they always battled over Joss: they wanted each other, lol.

I'm pretty sure [most] soaps, aside from DAYS, are usually six-to-eight weeks tape-to-air. I know [sometimes] GH can advance film to allow for extended summer breaks for the cast, which they seem to be on currently.

All I can think about is when Y&R introduced their limited-two summer rooftop set... and the pool was alluded to. This looks ten-times better.

I do, too. Which new set (or newly remodeled) set has been your favourite?

• Members

In terms of sets, I appreciated the exterior of the hostage house. I liked the new restaurant set too but they stopped using it. I wonder if they're using it and the walls to make the pool area? The walls look the same just painted tan.

I feel like the Q set and Corinthos house remodels left me feeling mixed. Almost forgot about the remodel of where Willow is living. It was nice having that set back.

It was nice seeing Kelly's trotted out. I think they probably should cut the restaurant/bar sets down though (obviously The Tan-O will eventually go away or be reused). I know it's easy places for folks to meet but it's been nice seeing a bit more variety like the dock, etc.

So I guess I'll pick the pool set as my favorite new set lol.

I miss the old dock set.

Kinda rambling about sets, LOL ...

Finola and James do have chemistry. It helps a lot.

Anyone else kinda tired of the current hospital set? It's a far cry from where it once was in the big remodel and I still kinda miss the old round hub.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I don't think the Bernadino's set is gone; it's probably just rested for the time being. But I do love that set.

Why did they leave you feeling mixed, if you don't mind my asking?

I like the re-introduction of Kelly's lately. I'm also loving the remodeled PCPD, including the interrogation room.

I love the old round hub too. Plus they had an area where people could sit down. And have inappropriate public conversations. Which Amy would overhear. LOL  On present day GH there's no such area. So when characters have conversations. It's very awkward. But over all i still like the GH set. It's way better than Days rinky dinky Nurses Station. Which looks like it's falling apart at the seams.

Poor Days doesn't have many places. Where people can socialize. Besides the overused empty Square. Would love to see the residents of Salem in nice sets. Good production values matter. Soaps are a visual medium after all.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

The way Cade McWatt's Cameron played off his scene with Garren's Oscar, I thought Cameron could be Bi

Then I thought Dev was gonna be gay which would have been cool to tell of a gay turkish teen but they changed to he wants Joss and then becoming obsessed and then being killed off

sad to say esp with Frank as eP, I doubt GH would do a true LGBT romance

• Members

Other than token stories for Lucas, GH has never and will never care. It's telling that the most airtime a "gay" storyline ever had on this show was months of comic relief about a gay man desperately trying to rape a straight man.

• Members

When Joss and Cam tank (set your watch), Spencer will realize he wants Joss.  Trina will gladly step aside.  

Wherever Trina goes, there's a buzz- the girl has got IT, but instead of capitalizing on it, Frank moves Joss in to replace Trina.  But I won't hate the Frank, the player.  The entire game is rigged!

• Members

oh hell to the NO. Trina would need to tell Joss to get the F out. Plus Im sorry but Joss is the weak link here. I think they need to eventually recast. Or maybe keep her and have Emma return kind of a hell cat like AMC's Amanda Dillon when Chrisell Stause started playing her