GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love Marcus but he only had one scene with Spencer before  (NB's last episode) so yes the selling point will be his connection with Genie Francis. If Tyler was still Nik, then it would be both of them but thats not the case. Im sure Marcus & Nicholas will work well together

• Members

I thought Bechtel was a considerably much better actor in the last few of his guest appearances I caught; he had very little technique as a kid and became unbearable to watch IMO, especially when Frank and Ron had him on everyday. But as a guest-appearance teen he eventually became much more skilled. But I knew he was getting a lot more work outside GH so I didn't think he'd be around forever. I hope his obnoxious social media presence with his mom or whatever it was has improved since the old days.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Also anyone know why William Lipton is recurring? Personal choice????

Yeah I know Frank waited to the last minute to recast but Brass probably wanted the actor to be on contract besides being aged to 18 like Joss, Cam & Trina

• Members

I'm glad Spencer was recast and am looking forward to seeing this new guy in the role. Hopefully he's good. I can't wait to see the look on Nik's face when he realizes that his own son is the stalker. 

I do have to laugh at Trina's party. It's two friends and a bunch of adults. Why in the world is Nina hanging out there?

• Members

Aww...how sad!  Bechtel's Spencer was probably the most charming child character in GH's history (right up there with Robin and Lucky).  They should NOT have recast him.  He was so cute, so funny, so much more entertaining in his smaller stories than the major adult story lines on the show during those years.  I loved his character's relationship with Britt and Laura, especially, but he also played well off all the other veteran actors playing Luke, Tracy, Edward, Sonny, Helena, etc.

The new Spencer recast looks like he's related to the the recast now playing his father, but he's doomed if he's already mired in the annoying teen set led by Joss, Cam and Trina.  This new PCU class is the worst in generations.  They need to cast a new Brenda and Jagger quick to salvage that boring whole class of Karens.

• Members

I was worried we'd be stuck with that kid forever so I'm super happy the recast finally happened. 

Joss as the center teen will be just as bad as Starr Manning as the center of the teens.  Joss and Cam should go off to school together and be replaced by 2 new teens.  

• Members

I agree. A little stiff/nervous but it kinda worked for the character lol.

I also care more about Spencer and Laura. And honestly, Spencer and Lesley ... and Spencer and Britt ... and Spencer and Hayden ... and Spencer and Cameron (whom he always hated)