GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Agreed.  He's what 3 or 4 years older?   It's not like he's 35.  He's fine.  I also think Joss, Cam, and Trina don't look particularly young in the way Kmc and JJ did.   But the old Spencer did seriously annoy me so I am very open to a new actor lol

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He was cute in the beginning and I liked him, but he got tired real fast.  Plus, they probably needed a slightly hunkier actor.  I mean, they can always bring NB back if it doesn't work out.  We need Emma now.  I know BRS is still young, but she looks fairly mature on insta lol.  I think she could fit in with the group.

• Members

I've been thinking about that a lot too.  Several of the pics in the opening really need new replacements, some such as Haley Pullos(Molly),  Lexi Ainsworth(Kristina), Josh Swickard(Chase) barely even look the actors do now. Plus never understood why Michael E. Knight(Martin), who was shown for awhile, quit being in the opening.  Never understood why Jeff Kober(ex-Cyrus) never was featured in the opening, as much a part of the show he was in the last year.  Also should be in the opening, Kiim Delaney(Jackie), Gregory Harrison(Gregory), plus Real Andrews(Taggert), Sean Blakemore(Shawn), Nicholas Chavez(Spencer), should be in the opening.  Also since Violet is shown, another that needs updating,  they should add Aidan, Danny, and Jake, when they're featured.  

• Members

Yeah I see that with stan behavior all the time. They find all sorts of 'reasons' to dislike someone or the character but what they really want to say is "I want Spencer played by Bechtel forever and ever and I don't like this change" ... lol

I get clinging to a favorite actor in a role, I do it, but like, I also have common sense and understand the situation. It begins to border on crazy obsession.

• Members

Is anyone actually into Liz/Finn? I feel like I haven't seen any fanfare for them. I don't hate Finn, but he's just so blah. I feel bad that it's Becky's job to try to make the OLTL pets palatable to the audience. She's finally free of Roger, only to now be glued to Easton's hip.

Drunk Sam was entertaining, and I'm glad that some developments are finally happening with her and Dante. I was starting to think that they might've changed their minds about putting them together because not much was happening there for a while. I'm not sold on "Sante" yet but am open to seeing where they go with it.

Jaxass is pointless, but the man was speaking the truth to Carly today!

Please register in order to view this content

How are the people of Port Charles not seeing that Jason looks miserable? Dude is constantly on the verge of tears since getting engaged. I know that we need *drama* but him not telling Britt the truth about why he's marrying Carly makes zero sense. I hope Leisl goes crazy on him, just because. Also, it felt random that Nina knew about Britt/Jason.

Carly looked pretty happy putting her arms around Jason while watching the fireworks. LOL.

Cam and Joss... snooze!

I am enjoying Monica getting mixed up in the baby stuff.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

IMO most of Becky Herbst's fanbase is into anyone who keeps her on 3 days a week. Girl's almost been fired what, twice? They don't want to go back to the 2000s, so they'll ride for anyone who is FV's favorite. And I think Frank knows that, which is why he parked/parks Howarth and Easton with her - then he can tell the network 'they have a fanbase.' It's a symbiotic relationship at this point.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Not only does it make zero sense for Jason not to tell her - she has been plenty understanding until now - but I am even more offended that Britt doesn't almost immediately figure it out. She was there with him during his run. She knows about the issues about Carly and the org because they talked about it somewhat.
And she is a smart cookie and a former schemer herself. OF COURSE she would figure it out. Not necessarily on the spot but as soon as she had time to sit down and think, Britt as we had established her would get it.

And the drama could still unfold: she could still be pissed that he was doing it and pissed he didn't trust her enough to tell her and pissed he was willingly to break her heart for his job or whatever. Go ahead; tell your sorry.
But, as I feared when they started teasing Britt/Jason, they are defanging and dumbening Britt in order to turn her into Jason's heroine.

• Members

I am *so* excited for the new rooftop set! Looks incredible!

My main complaint is they took so many portraits from 2015 to 2019, and they've only released a handful of them, and they are usually of the same individuals. What I need to see are more of those more rare cast members, et al.
I'm wondering why we *never* received Maura West's opening shot, or even the opening shots for Rebecca Budig or even Mark Lawson.
I would not be surprised if TPTB jumped back into 2012 and using his portraits from them.
As for Ainsworth, Pullos and Swickard: their portraits come from 2018, 2019 and 2020, respectively.

Ultimately, what they should do is produce an entire cast publicity shoot, and release them.. not pick-and-choose who gets new images. Put them all out.

• Members

Probably.  She's turned into a really pretty young woman.   She's the missing piece to a love triangle.  Remember all that time they devoted to Emma/Spencer/Cameron?   Lol  Dark times...

I still don't see the big deal about NB being recast by some people.  Worst case scenario, this guy is a dud.  They can wait some time and bring him back like they did with Christie Clark on Days or Lexi as Kristina.   Lexi still looks like a teenager and she's 28 and married lol.

I find GH to be really good right now.  Miles better than Days and I usually find Days a much easier, quicker watch than GH.   I think after years of the same old same old different things are finally happening that are unexpected.