GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was telling my friend about this situation who couldn't care less about soaps and he was just baffled. He absolutely made the "yeah well it's a soap so that makes sense" comments and I couldn't defend it.

Chad has been awful for so long now. He needs to go.

• Members

I just love seeing little Violet. She's so cute. ME is really good with her. "My team is going to hate me" because Finn brought healthy snacks. Ha. Liz and Finn had the same conversation yet again today. The writers must've thought we wouldn't notice since they were outside this time. They did look nice in the outdoor lighting. I did laugh at them talking about dumping Peter's body in a landfill, then cheering on Violet in the next breath.

Molly and TJ are on again? Do the writers know we've already seen them a couple times this month? At first their interaction with Nik felt so random but then I remembered that he and Molly are cousins. Nice to see different people interacting. I loved Shawn walking into the Metro Court at the end. Nik was like "oh sh-t." It's okay Nik, you're not going to go to prison and get written off the show like Shawn did.

Spencer getting pushed into the pool was fun. He knew he was in deep doo-doo when he saw Trina, ha. He looked so scared. Ms. Trina put Spencer on notice and I love it. They're super cute.

As for the conversation about Chad Duell, he's so dang boring now. I don't know how much of that is his fault and how much of it is the writing. I can't believe he's the son of Carly, AJ, and Sonny. He's a wet noodle. He should be causing all kinds of trouble and driving so much story, but instead he just makes doe eyes at Willow every time he's on.

• Members

I loved when Uncle Ron ("The Writer") had Michael embrace being a Quartermaine and go after Sonny (remember Michael going for custody of Avery?). I couldn't see this Michael doing any of it. He's become a total blah-fest. I'm over it. I wanted Michael to become an alcoholic. Imagine him drunk and reading his sainted parents for filth. So much potential with Michael but they want him as some Stone Cold Jr. who seems to be nothing but a Mommy's boy. He feels more like Jason's son than AJ/Carly/Sonny's. Like ... dude ... become more interesting LOL

Trina has Spencer's number and I LOVE it. I'm afraid to get too invested in them together. But I love their dynamic. She's exactly who he needs. 

I love seeing more of Molly and TJ. It's about damn time. I have to admit it's sometimes hard to keep up with who's related to who. It didn't help that Alexis and Nikolas really haven't shared scenes until she was going to prison. It's easy to forget. I love the natural tie-in with Shawn and Alexis and the Hayden shooting. Yet, Hayden's absence remains absolutely glaring.

Howarth can get his third role and they can hire Cameron Mathison but where's Rebecca Budig? Does Frank have a petty issue with her too? Does she live in California or does she travel?

The outside scenes did have nice lighting. I'm just not buying what they want to sell with Liz and Finn. I wouldn't mind a hookup as long as Hayden walks in during it. I have to say it's probably time to explore Jason and Liz again. Rebecca and Steve have chemistry. IMHO. Although it's also (past) time to address the issue of Lucky Spencer.

I'd much rather be seeing a recast Lucky coming than a recast Drew (allegedly supposedly

Please register in order to view this content

)

Edited by KMan101

I did like Nik, Molly and TJ interacting as well. I can't remember the last time Nik and Molly had scenes. Since Molly & TJ appear so sporadically. Violet was adorable as always. The dilapidated park has been looking nice recently. In the short time NuSpencer has been on. He has done wonders for the teen set. I don't think GH has ever had a proper handle on Michael. A recast might work, But the writing has to be there as well.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I enjoyed Nikolas with Molly/TJ as well but let's keep in mind, it's all just plot point driven like any other family/friend interaction on the show. They interacted because Molly helped Shawn get out of prison and he's going after the person who is responsible for shooting Hayden...Nikolas. 

I don't understand why the writers don't invest in non-plot point driven scenes between friends and family. Just put a post it on the computer screens to remind the writers to insert just normal, fun scenes within families a few times a month. If they fear normal family interactions would be "boring"...I hate to break it to them, but most of the conversations between characters are repetitive and boring already haha.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

I think the kid playing Spencer has been really good, and has shown different sides of Spencer with his father, with Trina alone, and with Trina, Cam, and Joss. The other teen characters have nothing on him.

And while he doesn’t read as a tough alpha full of testosterone, neither does he read as gay. I think the actor could play bi or gay very well, but he plays straight just as well. Regardless, as the show is now written, there’s no sense making him bi or gay anyway.

• Members

Loved the Britt/Spencer scenes! My two current favorites together. So fun. I'm so glad the show remembered how close they were and even said that they've kept in touch off screen. Spencer still looks really tall even next to KT. LOL at him trying to play matchmaker with Britt and Nik. I laughed at him scurrying away so they could be alone together. They weren't having any of it.

Ava's out for a walk in the park in her heels. Okay...

At first I was wondering why we were being subjected to Spinelli/Brando scenes, but their interaction actually made sense. Glad that people are talking some sense into Brando and making him realize that his baby should come before Jason/Carly lol.

Michael and Willow (aka "Millow" - aka Millowtonin) are so loathsome. They make Chase's condition all about them. Chase almost died and now he can't walk and in their minds it's poor Millow instead of poor Chase. Uh. You guys put yourself in this situation. You've been lying to Chase for ages now. Nobody forced them to do this. Nobody is preventing them from going and telling Chase the truth right now. I'm over their pity party. At least Chase can see that something is off. Michael talking about making love to Willow makes me wanna barf. Sorry but he has zero sex appeal. Lord they suck.

• Members

The guy playing Spencer seems to have chemistry with just about everybody he’s interacted with thus far - Nik, Laura, Ava, Trina, Britt, you name it. 

I also like in his reveal scene with Trina how he mentioned Courtney. One thing I do find weird though… does Spencer ever acknowledge his mother’s side of the family? I mean, does he know for example that his grandfather recently passed away from dementia, or that his Uncle Sonny is presumed dead?