GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked Jason's scenes with Monica today. I liked they touched a bit on his history with Carly and how that impacted AJ. It was also nice to see them hug and say they love each other. Jason's brief scene with Britt was okay too, you can see they still have feelings for each other and don't like being apart.  Though once again Austin was lurking around them intruding in other people's business. I did think it was a little amusing the way he called Jason "Cuz" and how Jason basically ignored that. 

Lenny is a sweet person and I am concerned the show will kill him off. He's a minor character, but I have been really enjoying him and Phyllis. The way he was talking to Nina today makes me think that the show will indeed have him die. This show has a history of killing off the kind hearted.

Spencer/Trina's scenes went a bit differently than I thought they would. I had figured he wasn't going to want to help her put Nikolas and Ava back together. But him and Trina clashed a bit today and seemed a bit irritated with each other, as they fall on opposite sides regarding Nik/Ava being a couple. I thought it was something that Spencer revealed to Nik/Ava/Austin that Trina was trying to do put them back together, after the mix-up with the drinks. It was a bit hypocritical for him to do that, especially considering that Trina is keeping a secret for him. She did kind of call him out about it, but didn't reveal his secret. They still have nice chemistry. I do think we will see them clash a bit more going forward as they continue to disagree on Nik/Ava being together. Though, I also think they will end up becoming closer romantically as well.

It also looks like Anna has her suspicions about Finn possibly being involved in Peter's disappearance. I wonder what she may do about that. I also wonder what Elizabeth will say to Jason after he saw her and Finn in the park talking about Peter today. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Ava looked so good at the pool. She's just fabulous. I have to laugh at all these people who don't live at the MC hanging out there. AustinFrankenTodd felt out of place in the scenes with Nik/Ava/Spencer/Trina. He's so unnecessary. I thought it was a little weird that Ava and Nik didn't seem to question Trina and Spencer knowing each other. Spencer is such a little turd. He better make it up to Trina! Hopefully they follow up on today's scenes.

Lenny's going to Llanview for surgery. I like Lenny but I'm over Nixon Falls. I don't need to see Nina/Lenny scenes.

More Jason/Monica scenes. Do we have new writers? I laughed at how Finn had walked away two seconds before Jason shouted out Elizabeth's name - how did he not hear that?

I wonder if Terry and Britt are going to be co-chiefs of staff.

Ryan's back! I wasn't expecting that.

Doesn't Sam know that Nik shot Hayden?

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Count me as a Lennie fan, but I don't believe he's long for this world.  I'm sure Rif Hutton won't be getting the courtesy next character.     If Finn ever got sent away, though, I'm pretty sure his cousin Gill would be next on Easton's resume...

Spency is lucky Trina didn't blow up his spot.   I adored the scenes he had with Britt.

Two Terry episodes in one week. Is the Rapture on the way????   Monica should make them co-Chiefs of Staff, forcing them to put their differences aside.

Oh yay   More smirking. The scene where Jason just didn't bother was just how I feel about him.  Nine years too late, and way too much of that 'giddy--yea, I'm back behavior'.

Bonnie Burroughs looks great with the lightening of her hair, but the Gladys Schtick is much better in small doses.  I can totally see her causing the baby to miscarry.  Brando was cute in his advice hunt. I find it funny that he really doesn't actually have any friends, and basically had to walk up to Curtis, basically a stranger for advice.  No more Ellie.  I liked her. Yet there's Emily Wilson on imdb every time Spinelli says her name.

Please register in order to view this content

I am getting a bit bored in Agnes Nixon Falls.. but hey, here comes Llanview. (Too bad they weren't going to a Dr. Wolek, though.  They could have said Dan Wolek was an oncology surgeon......)

Jason and Monica's conversation was    Long overdue and I appreciate that she recognizes that there is a form of love between Jason and Carly. AJ mentions too...

• Members

Oh come on! I'm sure there's a core family they could shoehorn the actor into.

He can be Benny Quartermaine. I want Lenny to live and for him and Phyllis to come to PC. Once Sonny gets his memories back, he'll make sure they're well taken care of financially. They're good people and I don't want to see Lenny die.

When Sasha first became pregnant I assumed she'd miscarry because there's not really a point to her and Brando having a kid. Now that they've essentially "SORASed" the pregnancy to match up with the actress's real-life pregnancy, I'm not so sure. She looks like she's in her third trimester so I don't see a miscarriage happening at this point, but I guess she could have a stillbirth. I don't want that to happen mostly because I don't want to see an actually pregnant actress have to play that storyline.

• Members

I watched the scenes of Anna talking with Liz and Finn at the hospital - Anna so knows Finn played a role in Peter’s disappearance, but doesn’t know how exactly. It’s refreshing to see her intelligence come to the fore again in those scenes.

Yes to whomever said Terry & Britt for co-COS! If Monica does indeed decide that way, that’s going to be an interesting dynamic to play out. They would absolutely hate each other at the beginning, yes, but I could legitimately see them developing a begrudging respect for each other.

Some questions around Nik & Hayden - is it true that Laura already knows that Nik had Hayden shot? I’ve seen some comments on YouTube videos of recent scenes that Laura has full knowledge of this, yet the writers are downplaying or just outright ignoring it. Would be great to have some clarity.

Further to my earlier wondering about Spencer and Valentin, I do also wonder if, despite Nik ultimately getting the Cassadine fortune back, Spencer still carries bad blood towards Valentin. Now this is my imagination going a little crazy here, but having seen the lengths Spencer will go to to get revenge on Ava, would it seem so far-fetched that he has similar intentions for Valentin? I could envisage a scenario where Spencer somehow finds out the truth about Bailey/Louise and uses that against Valentin at the worst possible moment.

The writing on GH has been amazing this year, if not 100% perfect. Characters are being driven by character motivations rather than plot, scenes are actually meaningful and add context to the whole story - almost sometimes as if the ghost of Bill Bell or Agnes Nixon is driving this. I cannot remember the last time I was so involved in a US daytime soap for such an extended period - the writers and actors need massive kudos here. It’s just a shame GH is still such a fair way behind B&B in the ratings

• Members

Did you guys catch that they had a little ponytail in Howarth's hair at the pool yesterday? It's like they're trying to make him as ridiculous as possible.

Also...

twsrc%5EAlso

He's just embarrassing to watch. Seriously, what is that slurping? Are we supposed to find him fun and quirky?

Edited by AlexElizabeth

Austin would be way younger than RH is. GH making an aging RH look younger is laughable. He felt so out place in the those scenes with Nik, Ava, Spencer and Trina. Austin could've been a good addition. With the right age appropriate actor. @AbcNbc247 do you think someone like Mike Manning would've made a better Austin? A young man is needed for this role. Not an old fart.

Edited by victoria foxton