GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

With all the talk of Hayden's shooting and Cameron Mathison appearing very soon, I'd be shocked if she didn't.

But then again considering the very bizarre last-minute way she was written out, there might be some BTS problems. But it'd make no sense to drudge this back up if it wasn't going to involve her return.
Anyone excited for a Liz/Finn/Hayden triangle? Anyone...?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't realize that the actress playing Gladys is 60. She looks good, especially with the new hair. Gladys really wants to be at that Jarly wedding. LMAO. I know Gladys is annoying (because that's the entire point of the character) but she's also kind of fun, mostly because the actress is good. I enjoyed Brando kicking Gladys to the curb and telling her to get a job. Dude is like 30 years old, time to cut the cord. LOL at Gladys thinking she was going to be a model at Deception.

I wish the teens actually did interesting things. What 18 year olds sit around talking about their parents all day? Especially their parents' love lives? Especially when it's summer and they're at the pool? Lame!

Spencer/Ava scenes tomorrow. Yes please!

• Members

It's embarrassing and unrealistic how they write the teens as mini adults. Just boring and awful. I used to like William Lipton but his acting somehow regressed over time and now he's saddled with Eden, who isn't bad in theory, but smirks in EVERY scene and has LW's tics down to a T. More Spencer and Trina, less Cameron and Joss. Sadly, with Will recurring and these Joss flirtatiously pushing Spencer in the pool moments, we might have a Joss/Spencer/Trina triangle on our hands eventually.

Side note, love your avatar! Spencer's hair was epic haha.

Regarding the Shawn storyline, it's very obvious they're retconning the hell out of it. They’re doing a story about racial injustice and Black Lives Matter. They probably thought Sean Blakemore would never return so they could forget about who knew what when because they had zero plans to revisit the character. Now that Blakemore is back and Shawn is free, they have to pretend all these white people didn’t let this poor man rot for five years. They have to save face and make sure all these characters don't look like trash or the story’s entire message loses all credibility.

Of course - as is always the case with GH and it missed opportunities - the irony is that the more meaningful story would be playing into the fact that the writers and characters ignored Shawn's sentence this entire time, and have the show, its writers, and its characters atone for their past transgressions - not to mention, then there would be no need for this mass "fever dream" retconning they've cooked up to explain it away.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

7-15

So...the first day of the pool set and what are you all talking about? Day 1 we got Shirtless Brando, Shirtless Curtis (thank you, Jesus) and Shirtless TJ...AND his nice bubble.

Please register in order to view this content

WOW...Sonny got his FIRST hint of memory? Uh oh.

The continued use of Monica has been already mentioned by me and that Austin reveal...was great. But as has been mentioned when I've taken a glance in here...yeah, this would have been great for RH back in 2013. I still found it great...Brooklyn's reaction in the background, Olivia giving the fun shade about the Qs, Valentin of course being quip...and perhaps that was in spite of Ole Smirk Boy, because everyone was brining their A game. But...I don't see a Michael vs Austin rivalry being of any interest.

I really wanted to shake Maxie for telling Nina. And now she has TWO secrets to hold on too. Hmmmm...

That scene with Finn, Anna, and Valentin before the episode of them in New York with the RYAN'S HOPE shoutout...was so full of marvelous tension. Perhaps it's my love of legacy characters or the fact that there's already so much history between them, but I am saddened they are not doing a Finn/Anna/Valentin triangle in some ways now that the wedding is over, Peter is gone, and the playing field is leveled. But alas...

• Members

7-19

Day 2 of the Pool and we get Shirtless Brando, Shirtless Dante (WOOF!!!), and Shirtless Chase.

I have such mixed feelings over this Austin storyline. He has now taken Peter's place in my heart for 'I don't love to hate, I just hate' character. That said, the writing for it is hitting on so much stuff and then the sense of menace he just had in this conversation with Monica. I felt my eyes water seeing the wall of the pictures of all those GH legacy characters. Especially Steve and Alan. It was just a great conversation between Austin and Monica...like they were playing cat and mouse. And I love that Jason and Brooklyn seem to have Austin's number. Speaking of which, it was nice to have those scenes of Michael, Ned, and Brooklyn talking strategy. 

Poor Lenny. And now another near-miss. How long has Sonny been gone now? 6/7 months? Time to get some movement in Nixon Falls. 

Ha! At the lingering Novak threat. Good to see he is still lingering around. 

Great to see Dante/Chase talking. Also great to see the writers are setting up for Maxie temporarary exit.

I feel like so much is being touched on and I love it when that happens. I feel like this week was like last week's but better structured. There is so much going on that even when a story I like takes a day or two or a week off...there is always something good going on or a character I want to see is on and that is cool. 

• Members

I enjoyed Spencer and Trina's scenes today. I loved seeing them act flirty with each other again. He's definitely into her and was trying to impress her. It sounded like he wanted to spend time with her alone at Wyndemere, but she ended up spinning what he said into him possibly throwing a party. I was glad to see them get to spend some time together before Cam/Joss showed up and tried to warn Trina away from him. I look forward to more of their scenes including seeing what may happen at his party.

I also thought that Spencer's scenes with Ava were interesting. He will definitely try and manipulate her. We'll see if she falls for any of it. I could see her continue to be suspicious of him. 

The Brook Lynn, Chase and Louise/Bailey were nice. They should do more with Brook Lynn and Chase. He shouldn't have to be a third wheel to Michael/Willow.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I love how the teens basically live at the pool now. Someone (*cough* Frank) is really obsessed with getting Spencer shirtless. It's like a daily thing now. Ava looked fabulous again. Spencer and Trina are so cute! I was glad that Ava was finally like, "Uh, how do y'all know each other?" I wish they had more alone time before Joss and Cam interrupted their scenes. Spencer is going to throw the biggest rager ever. Yeah, I'm sure. It's going to be him, Cam, Joss, and Trina. They're going to sit around talking about who their parents are dating. Maybe play some cards. This show doesn't have enough teens for a party. Spencer only wanted a party for 2 anyway, ha. Bring on the Ava/Spencer scenes tomorrow!

Oh, boo hoo. Cam can't tell dead Franco that he's dating Josslyn. Wahhh.

I can't with this Hayden stuff. I know it's a soap and we're supposed to go along with the crazy plots but this is just too much. We're literally just supposed to pretend that an entire storyline from five years ago never happened. I feel bad for the Sam/KM fans - they were begging for her to get a story/airtime, but I don't think this is what they meant. This is pure bullcrap. At least Liz's memory seems to be intact.

Why is Brooklyn always wearing those big boxy blazers? Give her a cute summer wardrobe. Chase singing to the baby was a scene I didn't know I needed

Please register in order to view this content

Omg, if I were Brooklyn I would've fallen in love in that moment. Willow gave him up for Michael. LMAO! Every woman in PC should be fighting over this man! Mooooore Brooklyn/Chase please.

I'm glad that they finally mentioned Dante and Rocco going to see Lulu. It was starting to feel like she didn't exist and wasn't an important part of Dante's life. Like we were just supposed to ignore the fact that she's in a coma. Glad she's finally being addressed.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Yeah, Spencer didn't seem to originally want to party with Joss and Spencer, lol. Though, Trina tried to spin it that way. It seemed like he wanted to have a date with Trina by himself. Looking forward to them spending more time together and hope they won't often be interrupted by Joss. 

Also, regarding Brook Lynn's wardrobe, I wonder if it's because Amanda gave birth within the last year and maybe they wanted her in some clothes that are a bit more comfortable for her. I'm not sure. I agree with the "big boxy" description of her blazers. Those outfits are heavy and matronly looking. I did really enjoy her scenes with Chase. He's a good guy and he deserves a woman that will totally be into him and not sneak around behind his back, with a man they have less chemistry with than him.