GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just saw that, yeah. If it’s reasonably successful, maybe they’ll do a DAYS universe on Peacock of spin-offs (and provide a roadmap for the other soaps). And, more importantly, give the genre an off-ramp…

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

This Shawn and Sam stuff is unbelievably stupid. Sam knows that Nik was responsible for Hayden's shooting! This is a storyline that played out on screen just a few years ago. There were scenes where Sam confronted Nikolas about it. Drew also knew. Laura knows. Liz knows. Curtis knows. I believe Finn knows. Literally there was a story where like half the town figured out it was Nik. Are we supposed to pretend that stuff never happened? Unless this somehow leads to Sam finding out she has a brain tumor that's causing amnesia, her investigating Hayden's shooting makes no sense. Do they not have anything better for Sam to do? KeMo looked good in her swimwear though (duh). Why was Shawn wearing a shirt?

Also, someone explain to me how Ryan is at this spa prison for non-violent criminals with Alexis. Please! What's next, is Cyrus going to be there? I love JL playing Ryan and am interested in seeing what happens with this, but come on.

I like the idea of Britt and Terry running the hospital together, but this would've played a lot better had we ever seen any kind of conflict/animosity/rivalry between them before now. Terry throwing shade at Britt just feels random because we've never really seen them interact and don't really know why Terry doesn't like her other than the usual "omg she's the Britch, so evil." Also, how in the world did Terry know about Jason/Britt? Stupid! But I'm all for more airtime for Terry and her and Britt working together/fighting... just make it make sense. I also had to roll my eyes at Monica saying that if Britt doesn't accept the offer, they'll have to look for another chief of staff. Uh, why wouldn't they just give the job to Terry then if Britt doesn't want it? Silly.

I enjoyed Liz telling Jason about Peter finally. Also, the look on Jason's face when Britt was rambling on about the toothbrush head was hilarious. Britt, I doubt Jason knows what Venmo is.

Please register in order to view this content

Nina/Mike... zzzz! I'm so over it. I barely pay attention to their scenes at this point honestly. They felt so out of place today.

• Members

My assumption is that Nicholas Bechtel lost the role because he didn't shoot up in height fast enough to play a contemporary of Joss, Cameron and Trina.

The new guy is alright but he lacks the puckish charm that NB brought to the character. And he doesn't have the high hair.

• Members

Thats a new character though and GH has done this since 2008. The fact that in story multiple people know Nik had Hayden shot and they are playing as Nik is only aware now makes no sense

Unless its gonna come out that her Mom or ex husband had her shot, The one Nik put in motion never happened

Edited by John