GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jason can go to Wiley's birthday party but never interacts with his own children. Ha. The party stuff was so lame. Millowtonin could not be more boring. When did Chad Duell become so blah? Has he always been like this and I just never noticed? He has one facial expression. I never know if he's happy, sad, angry, or horny. It's all the same. Michael and Willow were seriously getting turned on over wrapping presents and talking about a puppy... this is the most boring, unsexy couple ever! Not to mention, they're horrible people. Willow really said she can't wait until Chase is walking so she can finally be with Michael. Lordy. Nothing to root for here, just two boring, selfish characters. I did laugh at this exchange with Michael and Jason:

Michael: I'm in love with Willow.

Jason: OK. *blink*

Dude didn't give a f-ck!

Please register in order to view this content

Just like the viewers don't. The writers really thought Willow opening a door would be a riveting Friday cliffhanger. Unless it's Nelle (which it's not), who cares?

We're really supposed to believe that Michael invited Austin to the party because he's family now? Yet Ned, Dante, Kristina, Bobbie, and LUCAS are MIA. Stop randomly shoehorning Roger into scenes. And he looks absolutely ridiculous with that little ponytail. Good lord! This man is an embarrassment.

Chase is so damn cute. Josh Swickard is just perfect. I can't wait for something to happen with him and Brooklynn, but I'm afraid he'll be mad at her when he finds out that she knew about Michael/Willow and kept it a secret. Chase deserves an epic love story.

The Hayden storyline is just the worst. A small rewrite is one thing but this is insane. The characters may all have amnesia but the viewers don't (no matter how many newly-created flashbacks they show us). OMG, now they're rewriting that Nikolas was responsible! Looooord. Not to mention, I never cared about Hayden and don't care about her possibly returning. There is not one good thing about this storyline.

I know not everyone is feeling him as Spencer but I thought Nick Chavez was pretty good today. He's doing a good job at playing creepy stalker Spencer and is holding his own with Queen Maura. I'm not sure if Spencer realizes who he's messing with when it comes to Ava. She's gonna squash him like a bug when this all comes out. Honestly Spencer's return is the highlight of the show for me right now.

Blando Gladys is fun, mostly because of the actress. I really hope we see Gladys working at Deception and wreaking havoc. I want to see her and Lucy interact.

That's why I'm worried that they'll eventually throw Spencer at Joss. She's going to drag him down so much.

Sprina!

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

The Laura rape revisit was about Lucky dealing with Liz's rape only to find out the parents he put on a pedestal were very flawed and he acted out on it.  The scene in the disco where Lucky played Herb Alpert's "Rise" was powerful.

CM and RBub can have their Ryan/GreenPea reunion on the AMC reboot.

And why are we being bored with Gladys/Brando/Sacha.  They can all go when the actress goes to have her baby.

• Members

I am going to wait to see how it unfolds to get mad but I am not excited about this. I hate when a show shoehorns story to try and recreate a different dynamic from another show.

I like RB and I am fine with Hayden. However I don't need an AMC reunion - especially since Ryan/Greenlee was not, shall we say, nearly as popular as ABC seems to think.

• Members

I felt then, and even more now that Lucky went too far with how he treated Laura.  And even though Genie was still on her never ending maternity leave when the story started, I think once she got there more time should have been spent on her feelings about what happened to her.  Including the scenes we never got, where she maybe decided to tell him a little bit about what her life was like then, and how she was able to forgive Luke.  Just like what happened to Liz often became more about how Lucky felt about her, her rape, and his parents.

I do think Lucky’s reaction was realistic for how he idolized Luke and being rebellious teenager aged.  But he went too far, and just like the Sonny propping of the Guza/JFP era, the writing was slanted and made Laura look awful.  And truthfully, Genie always said it was a rape, that she was instructed to play it as a rape, and the show decided to make it a seduction after the fact.  She should have been allowed more than just a couple of scenes with her point of view represented.  As stated in another post, we had many, many scenes of Tony and Luke’s feelings about what he did.

• Members

I just don't think there was ever much to Hayden beyond Budig bringing her typical soap persona to GH. She's Liz's illegitimate sister, big whoop. You can get Gina Tognoni to play Dr. Sarah and do something far more intriguing. People love Budig so they project all sorts of stuff onto the Hayden character when IMO there was never much there. I like Budig but I just don't feel there's much to hang the hat on.

I agree with this, though I felt the story was very well done despite the flaws.

• Members

7-23

Are you serious?

They finally get the soap romance with the longing between Jason and Britt...and they are SELLING it...and then they just dropped Austin into the middle of that like some fungus for some slapstick. Uhhhh...NO!!!

Loving seeing Anna in Detective mode.  And how slowly, but surely she is getting to the truth about Peter.

And I've been enjoying seeing Curtis/Jordan/Portia playing out through most of this week. Meanwhile, the Shawn storyline has been flowing nicely...and Shawn's been looking FOINE!!! lol. And then here comes Stella to mess it up...

THAT'S how  you introduce a legacy kid. No wonder Oscar and Dev did not work. Here is a teen with connections with a built in story already (the stalker story) and he is already reenergizing the teen scene on top of that. Great. 

• Members

7-27

Poor Spencer. Pushed in the pool again.

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously, I'm loving all this. Seeing all the black characters having some movement. 

Curtis and Shawn bonding. And their dynamic is just IT. So much history there and potential for conflict. 

Then there's the Jordan/Curtis/Portia triangle. Which has been played as something that has been building for while, but now that we're in IT...it has legs since no one has been acting out of character. But I guess that's what we have Stella for. Annoying as she's been. lol. 

Then you have Trina and her storyline in Spencer which is going to get mixed into the Stalker storyline. And also Shawn starting on the 'Who Shot Hayden' loose end. So they are going to be mixing it up all outside of the black 'bubble.'

Add on the Nixon Falls stuff and how that has been sloooooooowwwwly growing as well, I would say the only person missing is Taggert.  

But it's nice to see it outside of Y&R and lately B&B...