GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Definitely a fan as well.  Chavez is like Donnell Turner. No matter who he is in scenes with, he not only holds his own, but also shines.  Hopefully the lazy, smirky, low energy that certain cast members doesn't rub off on him. Keep him in scenes with Ava, Laura, Nik, and Trina.  I am looking forward to Valentin scenes as well.

Sydney Mikayla works well with him because she's also got a way with the cast. Whether she's with Ava, Portia, Curtis, Taggart, or Spencer, she shines.  

No one gives two craps you can't tell Frankles, Cam.  Keep that whining to the off screen stories. 

Liz is great in Momma mode.  I'm sorry but Liz knowing and Sam pursuing this story makes it look like #firefrank thinks the audience are idiots. If we can remember who Florence Grey was, we can remember five years ago.   As @AlexElizabeth showed us, the video is easily accessible.

I liked the scenes between Laura and Carly, but Bobbie should have been there, too and Ryan Carnes (not the block of wood they replaced him with.)  Still curious why Austin said he replaced Lucas Jones.  

Lucy may try to maim Sasha for sticking them with Gladys. (Thank gawd they let Burroughs go back to blonde.) Brando tossing her out was excellent, too.  "How can I afford a place?"   "Like everybody else, get a job"  

I know this is picky, but why make Chase go all the way to the pool at the MetroCourt? The Q's just got a new pool at the mansion. Nina just played with Wiley at that pool.  And Dante's mother lives there........

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have remarked to myself they dress her as if she were still pregnant but then I didn't comment on it because I thought it is maybe because AS is a bit sensitive about not having lost the pregnancy weight and, well, I didn't want to feel like a jerk to accidentally say something that would accidentally hurt her feelings if she read this forum.
For the record, if you are reading this, you look great! We want to dress you better because you are a pretty woman!

I'm not liking the retconning of Hayden's shooting.

Please register in order to view this content

This really insults the viewers intelligence. Sam who knew Prince Nik was behind Hayden's shooting. Is now clueless. Spencer & Trina's sparks are going to set the pool set on fire. Do Trina & Spencer have shipper name yet?  Cam & Joss have become so obnoxious and judgmental. I hope we get to see the party. Or should i say ''rager'' as Spencer called it. The teens desperately need to interact with other kids. Brook Lynn & Chase's scene with Bailey was sweet. It always nice to see Chase away from those dullards. It was also nice to get a break. From an extremely overused Millow. Don't care who took Parking Lot Pete's corpse.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Lord knows I loves me a soapbox rant but I think the retcon is simply building to a Ryan/GreenPea reunion.  Everyone is talking up Hayden and Cam's debut is on the horizon.  This is not a coincidence.  If Frank has to make the entire canvas look stupid to re/introduce new pets, he's gonna do just that.  

Oh and Gladys is a damn hoot!  Lose Blando, Sasha and the baby nobody asked for and keep Gladys.  She is my kind of grifter!  

• Members

Nothing against Michele val Jean, but the main story she received (deserved) praise for was Liz's part of the rape plot. The Laura rape revisitation was a mess, and was far more about how Luke and Lucky felt than about the actual victim.  We were asked to pity Luke because he apparently made himself stay with the woman he raped out of guilt. How progressive! If that aired today it would be ripped to shreds.

I know a lot of fans love the Guza era but trying to whitewash that material just because modern GH is [!@#$%^&*] in a different flavor is counterproductive. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I don't remember that take. Luke may have said stuff like that years later, but I don't remember him saying so discussing the rape and I rewatched those scenes with him talking to her and Lucky about it recently. I thought he said he kept looking over his shoulder, waiting for the other shoe to drop because of what he did.

• Members

Alan is off the mark.  It has nothing to do with the past writing.  Frank has rewritten it to make Hayden the focus upon her return at the same time Cameron will debut.

Was it the old school regime's fault when Frank decided to rewrite Stanco in as a Quartermaine in 2013 and then rewrite the rewrite to make him Scotty and Heather's abomination?

• Members

Alan is a know it all at times. Exactly. But why haven't we heard Budig is back as Hayden? Did I miss that? I don't disagree this is the goal though. It's clear as day. This wasn't a hard 'story' to tell. Clearly this is on purpose.

I recall as well it felt very much like Laura was being shamed. Lucky was awful.

I love me some Gladys. Bonnie Burroughs is fabulous.

• Members

That was how I took it at the time, especially during Luke's long, rambling, self-indulgent monologues used to make Geary's agenda clear. I took it as their having a sham marriage propped up by Laura's delusions and inability to face her rape, and Luke not bursting her bubble because of his guilt over her rape. But that's just me. 

Edited by DRW50