GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I had to find it on youtube, but... yep. Same sh-t, different Roger character. Only difference is he had the really bad blonde hair back then. His acting was every bit as obnoxious and goofy in 2013.

I miss Sean Kanan.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I miss A.J. and Kanan.  He was only in Port Charles jail and no one saw him, yet we saw Shiloh, Sam, Nelle etc. in prison for weeks on end. Still pissed how poorly Kanan was treated before being axed. Again.

Steve Bond, Sean Kanan, what a difference a Quartermaine scene COULD be.  I really would have liked a Jimmy Lee vs, Tracey come the holidays....   

Please register in order to view this content

.  We never got a sparring match there.

This is especially depressing with the loss of Stuart Damon.   There was no reason JL needed to be dead. None.

• Members

Jesus. Look at Jimmy Lee Holt. Really Frank Valentini?

They (FRANK) so desperately want Howarth to have a role that sticks. It's really sad actually. This is what should have happened in 2013-2015.

And then of course we get long scenes with Anna and her two men, pets Finn and Valentine.

Nina listing off Maxie's 'army' and not including the vets says it all, doesn't it?

We really can't have nice things. Nobody but Frank asked for Michael vs. Austin either. Should be riveting television.

I really do believe the writers are trying but Frank has his greasy fingers all over it. Does Frank see himself in Howarth or something? Is he living through him or something? Like ... what is the obsession? He acts like he's afraid to let Howarth go. Did he swear "I'm never letting another network get him" after Howarth went to ATWT or something? lol 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Yeah, I think that's honestly all of it. Roger quit OLTL for ATWT about a month into Frank's tenure as EP. They spent years trying to get him back.

The early scenes RH had with Ava and the Quartermaines in 2013 were honestly the highlight of his entire misbegotten tenure as Franco, and they couldn't be really enjoyed for any chemistry he had with the actors (especially Maura West) because again - it was fuckin' Franco. If they absolutely had to have Roger on the show as someone new it should've been Jimmy Lee's son eight years ago instead of the serial killer, something people were talking about and suggesting even back then, BTW. But today it's too late, AFAIC. Making us sit through Howarth #3 and Easton #4 is just contempt for the audience.

Edited by Vee

• Members

TJ/Tajh Bellow is serving body-oddy-oddy today in these pool scenes.

I know the economics are different for GH than the other soaps, but it’s striking to see them with an actual pool set with bountiful extras when Y&R is having Fortune 500 business meetings in hotel lobbies and broom closets.

• Members

Boring eppy today.

I think Lenny and Phyllis are nice supporting characters and I want Lenny to be okay, but I can't believe we're spending time on Lenny's heart problems. I'm sure Valentin and Anna won't see Sonny, so unless this heart stuff somehow gets them to Port Charles (to see Monica!), I'm not really getting the point.

The pool set looks nice. Brando looked nice in his swim trunks. LOL. I wish they'd actually develop Brando more so I could care about him. He's on a couple times a month and is just kind of there. There's potential but they don't do anything with him. IDGAF about Gladys either but she's kind of funny. Her new hair looks good. I was hoping she and Carly would have a cat fight and someone would end up in the pool!

Please register in order to view this content

Brook Kerr looked fabulous in that bikini! How is she 47?!

Does anyone else not like the blazers they're always putting Brooklyn in? Maxie was so dumb to tell Nina the truth about Louise. Maxie has so many people in her life she could've told the truth to, but she chose to tell it to the one person who actually cares about Valentin.

Spinelli choosing Jason over Ellie  He just wants to work with Jason sooo bad and can't walk away. Spinelli saying his relationship with Ellie only worked when Jason wasn't in the picture. Bizarre scenes. Jason had no problem telling Spinelli why he's marrying Carly so why can't he tell Britt? Stupid!

I'm not feeling the urgency with this mob danger. We're supposed to believe that there's so much imminent danger to Carly's family, yet we haven't heard Carly or Jason say a word about wedding plans or when they're actually going to get married. They just go around telling everyone they're engaged. Shouldn't they be getting married ASAP or something?