DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Not petty at all. James Scott was out-of-this-world attractive and could generate

Please register in order to view this content

with broom in a wig. As for NuEJ, it takes time to build chemistry if you're not James Scott. I thought Ali and he had a friendly kind of chemistry, and at least it's not some anti-chemistry situation. I'm hopeful we'll get some sparks, and it certainly hasn't dampened Sami's personality as a vengeful troublemaker.

Martha Madison is great and she IS Belle now (if we consider Kristen Storms to be Teenage Belle, MM is Middle-Aged Belle). I like that she plays Belle as someone who thinks she's the eternally spotless heroine but lets Karen out for a walk every now and then.

Too bad about GV leaving. I always found him a soulful Eric. 

I dip in and out of Days based on how far behind I get, but every time I dip back in, there is Belle contemplating having an affair with some Bad Boy! She'll be shacked up with some good guy (Shawn D) but she'll be secretly lusting after Philip.

I think Days is setting up a possible Nu EJ-Belle affair. It'll be when EJ finds out about Sami's involvement with Xander, and of course Lumi, and Belle will be all whispery: "Oh, poor you, EJ."  

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was never a EJami fan, just a James Scott shirtless fan, so if they don't end up having much chemistry I am fine with them breaking up.  AS and BD's Lucas have plenty of chemistry, so it's fine. 

I have a love/hate relationship with Belle.  I want to love her because her conception was so fabulous and love John/Marlena, but I have never been a fan.  It's not Martha at all.  I thought KS's Belle was an obnoxious twit too.  Martha seems lovely and consistently does great work, but Sami is right.  Belle is a 'wet noodle'.  That being said she deserves to be on the show and I don't want her written off-I just want to tell her to shut up a lot.   Similarly, I have never taken to Brady either.  The last time I enjoyed those two was when they were played by adorable children. 

Belle does seem very devoted to Shawn and I don't think that's changing, but an EJ/Belle pairing would be deliciously soapy.  If she did that to Sami I would like her so much more lol.   I don't think that's what the show is setting up, but I could get into it.   Poor Shawn though.  He always gets cheated on.  My dream would be for Carrie to come back and hook up with EJ

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Good stuff by both her and GV!

Next week I feel AZ will be back talking to that bear though.  I loved a lot of the lines Nicole said about being destructive and hurting herself.   And Eric admitting to his own selfishness and part in it.  It was the best outcome we were going to get without GV coming back full time and it closes the door on Ericole for now, but leaves the possibility for the future.

Why is Phillip cleaning up the pub?  I thought it was weird yesterday and it's still weird today.  

I have to laugh at this Cin stuff.  It's pretty mean to marry Theo on the same day lol.  I want to root for Theo/Ciara, but we have seen nothing of their romance.  We don't even see them together.  They spend all their time talking to others about getting married.  

I don't get Lucas's narrative that EJ treats Sami like property.  That's not what it has seemed like since he came back at all?   He seems apologetic for past behavior and nice to her.  Obviously, this could all change on a dime, but nothing on screen is lining up with that at the moment.

• Members

My guess is that we're going to see a lot more possessive EJ when he finds out about the affair and the fall-out of that. I also think that might be why they haven't worked on his and Sweeney's chemistry - EJ is going to go old-fashioned DiMera psycho.

• Members

I think Belle and EJ have chemistry. You know Belle's horny as all get out and loves cock so she'd be all over it. I'd be down for another affair.

Sweeney and Dan are cute together but have no chemistry together. I doubt they cast someone who would have no chemistry together but my guess is ultimately EJ will move on elsewhere.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Agreed. I actually hadn't been looking forward to those scenes, because I figured they'd just be a lot of Nicole sobbing and pleading for Eric's forgiveness. But I was pleasantly surprised that she called him out on some of his white savior BS and the ways he neglected her. 

• Members

Oh for sure.  I was just curious if we are supposed to believe what Lucas is saying because it's not something playing on screen and it hasn't in years.  It seems the show is going really hard on Lucas continually saying that when he could easily just say EJ has been a horrible human being since the beginning of time and that would be more accurate.  

I am not against it in theory.  It's just she finally seems settled with Shawn and the show has made an effort to establish that.  Again Carrie/EJ would be where's it at.  Belle's too wimpy to constantly go against Sami, but Carrie wouldn't care.  And it's better than freaking Rafe. 

It worked very well.  I have never been sold on Ericole as the be all and end all for either character, but AZ/GV are great screen partners.  The past two days have been really good.   I feel like I am going to be annoyed with this predictable Cin/Theo stuff though.

• Members

I agree that AZ/GV work really well together in dramatic scenes like today's, although I admit I've never felt they had much romantic chemistry together. My big problem with Ericole is that, to put them together (and write around Ari Zucker's various departures and returns) the show ended up giving Nicole all this weepy "woman in peril" material, storylines that really should have been saved for Chloe (because Nadia Bjorlin sells that kind of haplessness a lot better). Thank goodness they're now remembering that Nicole's a schemer who doesn't back down from a fight. 

• Members

Yep. It should be Carrie/EJ. I agree 10000% lol. I've wanted that FOREVER.

And for me, EJ and Sami were always "obsessed" with each other. I buy he's possessive of her. Everything about their relationship is regarding control. I've never bought they were truly in love.

I didn't want them to bust up Belle and Shawn but it's time for her to have another kid and a messy who's the daddy would liven things up for them (and wouldn't be the first time but I'm wondering if Nicole gets the surprise miracle baby so I guess scratch that for Belle). I don't feel like 30-somethings should be supporting, they should be driving story. But they needed some on-screen happiness for sure.

I'm an Ericole fan. I liked Jensen's version with Ari and I liked Greg's version. I think they're sold more as soulmates than they should be just based on how long Eric was off-canvas as Nicole thrived (for a while). I think they work well together. Eric doesn't really seem to work with anyone else and Nicole always seems lost without Eric. But the writing doesn't always back it up. I do think Eric needs to be recast if Greg doesn't want to be around full time anymore. Ericole have definitely been ... under-served, if that makes sense? 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think they tend to do that because both AZ and GV excel at that weepy stuff honestly.  AZ is a pretty good crier lol.  I never thought they had much romantic chemistry either, but it was passable and they look nice together.  Sometimes, on Days I take small victories like that.   It doesn't help that Nicole has had a lot of love interests and I think I may have liked her best with EJ.  

Anyhow, with the comings and goings of each actor the seem to get stuck all the time.  Ericole have been together on and off for years, but they have been happy for a month?  

I know CC has all but retired from acting, but I want to see her back so bad.  She's still broken up from Austin I think?  Think of the fun scenes EJ/Carrie could have with Anna/Tony.    I can see the appeal of EJ/Belle too though.  Belle is definitely likes bad boys more than Carrie.  

I will say it's odd Belle only has one kid and it's an adult now.  I am just weary of the whose the daddy stuff with them because I felt like most of Martha's run was initially spent on WTD, custody stuff, and weird surrogate things and I disliked that. 

Under-served is a perfect term.  They are never happy.  There isn't payoff for the fans because one of them is always leaving lol.   I think GV's Eric always struggled with odd writing.  The whole priest thing?  Serena?  A pairing with Jen?  He gets points for killing Daniel, but most of his stories have been pretty bad.

• Members

Today's eppy hasn't aired yet in CA, but yesterday's (7/19) was so good.  First of all, I can't remember when we got a climax that slowly unfolded through multiple acts like this . . . Xander busting in, Eric cutting him off, the reveal, Eric not believing him, Nicole denying it, Sami's story, Eric punching Xander, Nicole's confession, and then everyone's reactions.  It was old school soap.  I mean, John ripping the Nicole mask off Kristen and everyone being shocked is entertaining, but something like this has so much more payoff and is very specific to the genre.  And I LOVED that it was a standalone.  If there were other stories yesterday, it wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

• Members

This was the best part for me. The entire episode was devoted to the Xander reveal. At first I was scared that it was going to be only part of the episode and we'd also have some Ben/Ciara crap in there or something along those lines, completely killing the momentum. But the way the episode played out was great.