DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They seem to have a large following on twitter and facebook, but I don't think it's an unpopular opinion for people with taste lol.  The problem is they got a lot of good press initially and even I was mildly intrigued by their initial chemistry (which I do think RSW/VK have), but it's been taken about 1000 levels too far. 

• Members

I don't want to caricature but based on the quality of the vocabulary and grammar of the Ben/Ciara fan comments I see on YT, I'd reckon they are mostly younger viewers.

Which is why I am torn. I dislike them too and want Ben off but on the other hand I understand why the show would want to cater to the rare younger fans they have

• Members

Thinking back to the Salem Strangler story...had it taken place recently,Jake would have been forgiven by everyone because he really wasn't responsible.You see he had a brain tumor and and felt neglected as a child.

Chris would feel responsible and Marlena would make a point of forgiving him for murdering her sister.

Jessica would feel torn - although Joshua is great, he really isn't seeing the pain Jake is experiencing. Alice advises her granddaughter to be there for Jake.

After his operation for the tumor he doesn't remember being a killer so it's decided he can't be tried for those crimes he committed...

• Members

I'm pretty sure the Olympics cliffhanger won't be *only* Ben/Ciara/Theo.  

Something else will happen Thursday, I think ... I assume? there will be a reveal with EJ finally reading the letter from Kristen?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I loved loved loved Chad getting to be smug towards Ben. It's just ridiculous that he and Abby are essentially the only two people in town that can hate Ben because Ciara browbeat the rest of town into submission until they were all convinced that Ben is the greatest former serial killer on the planet.

• Members

Yeah, exactly. EJ shouldn't even be welcomed in any room. The writing was always all over the place with Scott's EJ. It's why I could never fully invest. He's bad, no he's really not, yes he is, now he's dead. I enjoyed him with Nicole, Abby ... Sami as his soulmate just never worked for me (especially the rape which never should have happened). Them obsessed with each other and believing it's love? That works for me. But we'd need deeper writing for that ...

When Bo whisked Hope away. On her wedding to Larry Welch. That was pretty cool. As Bonnie Tyler's '' Holding Out For a Hero '' played. This is just trash using history. An empty ringy dingy. Funny looking church set. Ben smiling ear to ear. As he whisked Ciara away.

We aren't even going to get a cool song. Or location shoot out of this hot mess. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Yeah, I think it just changed with different writing regimes, but he did awful things to people.  Multiple people in  town.  Everything about EJ has always been a clusterf*ck right down to his SORAS ing.   I think it was mostly saved due to James Scott's charisma.  It's looks like Ron is turning nu EJ into a full on bad guy, so maybe that will work better.  I am not too worried about EJami.  They don't have much chemistry and it looks like this going to go into a Lumi as soulmates thing now. 

Will would actually be useful right now.  He can be involved in this drama and help Allie with her sexuality.  He can leave Sonny in Arizona.