DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Great episode. Arianne Zuker and Greg Vaughan killed it. I wish this return was permanent for Eric. Watching the effects of this play out is going to be really good.

I hope he knows how lucky he is lol but seriously I am happy for Mike Manning. 

• Members

Belle was being pretty Judgy Mcgee with her take on infidelity considering she committed it several times and wouldn't exist without her parents affair.   I like that she hates Sami so much and John is like " no Sami would never..."  John you have known Sami for about 40 years you know she would lol.   Good episode though.  I weirdly like when Marlena and Roman are supportive of their kids.   They work in that sense. 

• Members

Same! I tuned in for some good ole fashioned soapy theatrics, and kudos to Days for getting most of the Brady/adjacent cast together to clutch their pearls! Also, this bit made me LOL:

Xander (to Roman): You weren't tending bar that night. You know how I know? The drinks weren't watered down!

Roman

Philip (side-eying Roman): 

What's the consensus on nuEJ? I don't think he's bad! Belle was all giggly with him on Monday and then had the nerve to simper 'How could Nicole betray Eric?' on Tuesday. Girl, please. You always liked a sociopath.

Conversely, John: "Oh Sami would never, honey."  John, you know she would. Remember the Titan conference table!

Edited by Cat

• Members

Here's one thing I really liked about Monday's episode: a bunch of other characters almost immediately figured out that Sami must have been behind Xander's public confession. I feel like the Sami plots work so much better when she thinks that she's being this stealthy mastermind, but the people who know her can see right through her. 

More generally, I think this is the perfect confluence of plot-based and character-based storytelling. We're getting all these precisely plotted "A scandalous secret is revealed!" moments, but most of the actions are coming out of the well-established flaws of these characters: Eric's savior complex leads him to neglect his wife, and then Nicole's desperate need for love and attention leads her to cheat with other men, and then Sami's impulsive, vengeful nature and hatred of Nicole leads her to recklessly expose the secret, even though it will lead to mutually-assured destruction as Nicole will inevitably then expose the Sami-Lucas affair. 

Ron sometimes gets bogged down in really cartoonish plots, but this is the good stuff. 

• Members

Totally. The entire episode was Brady-centric and focused on the reveal, but I wasn't bored once! Everyone got to stretch their legs and do more than just watch the fallout. Some started to do their own detective work, and everyone came at it from different directions. Every beat was played out, and there are enough loose threads to (likely) leave us with a good cliffhanger ahead of the Olympics. 

The episode epitomized what an umbrella SL is, and I give kudos to the writing team which plotted this out carefully and understood the POVs of all the characters. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Nu EJ is growing on me.  I immediately thought I wasn't going to like him because he's just not as hot as James Scott.  Petty, I know.  He's doing okay though.  His lack of chemistry with Ali/Sami is troubling.  I don't know if it was this board or someplace else, but someone did randomly suggest a Belle/EJ hook up.   Maybe?

Simpering is a good way to describe Belle.  I think Martha Madison is really great, but 98% of the time Belle annoys me.  She'll be fine for months and then she will act how she did yesterday and I remember why she is so obnoxious. 

John's belief in Sami was strange.  Even Marlena and Roman knew she was up to it lol. 

I am glad this finally propels Nicole/Eric forward.  I know GV is leaving, but this does feel like something Eric will eventually forgive.  Let's face it.  Nicole's done worse.