DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was laughing when Marlena gave that heartfelt speech to like John, Roman, and her kids.  They could have invited a few more people.   I did enjoy Brady, Belle, Eric, and Sami in a room together.  That never happens.  And I love me some John, but is Drake getting more OTT everyday?  Even in the background he's making these odd faces and gestures.  Has he just given up on any semblance of dramatic acting and just moving into comedy?

• Members

I think the Tripp/Allie sex or love scene not being shown ... was a COVID thing.  That was filmed around the end of March or beginning of April.  Maybe the actors hadn't been vaccinated yet?

But that was fine with me. I have zero interest in that pairing.

I don't know why we had to see all those Kate/Jake sex scenes. Maybe the actors were quarantined, tested, and agreed to the risk? Or maybe they were actually kissing for only a few seconds but the film editing made it seem like more?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

It's weird the disparity in love scenes.  John/Marlena are full on making out and I feel worried for them.  EJ/Sami are in bed together.   I honestly don't have much interest in the pairing, but it needed more.   I am certainly not wanting people to risk their health for entertainment, but it's a case where if they can't show anything due to health risks maybe they should have waited on the actual sex or put more depth into Allie having sex the first time post-rape.

• Members

Honestly, maybe.  It did feel like we were supposed to root for Chanel and I do.  I just think there is so much more to Allie/Trip with the rape, the baby, and now her willingly sleeping with him.  Even without a love scene it feels like this romance isn't even scratching the surface of all the issues.

• Members

I disagree lol.  Eli is the one who decides to be naked all the time when he knowingly has a house guest.  Chanel was just reacting normally to a naked hot guy.  She wasn't hitting on him IMO.  Chanel seems vaguely like a partier, but she doesn't really seem slutty to me.  She seems like she might just be a gold digger, but that's sorta how Allie was introduced as well.

• Members

I agree. And when Chanel hit on Theo a few days ago, it was her reacting to her own pain of Allie sleeping with Tripp.   And Chanel and Theo had a relationship in South Africa, so she wasn't hitting on some rando - and also Ciara didn't know that Theo had become involved with Ciara.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Not to be Professor Tsk-Tsk-Tsk here but "slutty" involves a judgement that is on the person who makes that call.
Chanel could very well be sexually promiscuous but my personal reaction would be: so? Good for her if she wants to enjoy her body with people she is attracted to. Anything that involves consenting adults is fine by me and it doesn't make the character a good or a bad person. 
I for one am all for a female character on soap having a happy busy sex life and not giving a f*** what others think.