DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So... are they ever going to follow up on Allie and Chanel's kiss?

Ben is back to getting fast forwarded. Can't stand watching him and his sessions with Marlena. Claire is close to being FF material as well. Everyone telling Ciara that she doesn't belong with Theo and should be with a serial killer instead is ridiculous!

Who is dressing Nicole lately? Her outfits have been horrible. Good to see her with Theo though.

• Members

Yeah, it was like the air was let out of the balloon/tire, so to speak LOL. It was like they gave up and simply reunited Wilson and wrote them off. I know Christopher Sean left but I still question the total missed potential of Will/Paul/Sonny. 

I can't even count on two hands the missed potential DAYS has wasted over the years. I don't get my show sometimes. Even Twitter is seeing that not much substance is here to be found, nothing really matters and it's almost like the show has been in a holding pattern for years.

Hopefully having a longer renewal allows them some room to mix things up.

And I have to say, as a writer, Ron is a massive tease. I know some of it is budget restrictions and poor management but still ... 

The show has the cast and potential. Story ideas, on paper, aren't bad. But the execution often lacks. I don't feel like these soaps have time to waste anymore, if you will.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

And you just nailed why I tuned out awhile ago and watch classics instead now. I realized a year or so into Ron's run, almost NOTHING matters long-term. Why should I invest in a story if I know it's not going to significantly impact anything six months from now?

• Members

Absolutely.

Had the show on live the other day and saw Marlena with Ben and turned it off. Like ... she has several kids and grandchildren on the canvas and her airtime goes to Ben? Can we stop trying to make this serial killer happen?

• Members

Marlena was on 2 times this week I think.  And one time was with Ben.  And the other time she talked to John about Ben lol.  Marlena's related to half the canvas.  It's odd she rarely sees her family.  And it's annoying she correlates her and John to Ben/Ciara.   Not the same in any capacity lol.

• Members

Pretty sure they're referring to when Daniel Goddard was fired, fans revolted and demanded his return, so Goddard was re-hired in this piss poor twin storyline, which ultimately became the story that Cane was never actually killed.

Well, they did let Robert Scott Wilson go before... but Ron Carlivati's desire for the stereotypical "hot" guy redemption story is what's keeping Ben and Wilson around.

• Members

To be clear, it wasn't "fans" who revolted.
It was a small group of HIS fans that HE riled up through his social media and who campaigned so aggressively for his return that producers yielded, despite the fact most of the show fandom was actually fine (if not happy) to see him go.
Similarly I suspect the vocal Ciara/Ben supporters give the show a misguided sense of where the general fandom is at.

The Ciara pairing wasn't a thing then so I don't think things would go the same. VK left of her own accord which makes it hard for their fans to scream and shout but they are still hanging on to the hopes that her regular returns are feeding. Firing RSW would be a too-clear sign that it ain't happening

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I don't even know what their relationship is.  Are they friends, is it doctor/patient, is it maternal?  It's weird is what it is.  I wouldn't mind just the dr./patient thing, but she treats him like a friend.  It's stupid we waste the one or two episodes DH is in on this nonsense.  Ben is just repeated the same things he has being saying for months.