DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have a soft spot for Chandler.  I have always ignored his flaws because I liked him.

Guy Wilson was always so goofy looking to me.  But he had chemistry with Paul for sure.

I don't even know if I'd recast Sonny.  Maybe?  I think the show would be better served getting CS back or recasting Paul.

• Members

Pre-pandemic, Precious Way had been cast in a pilot. When the pandemic hit, the pilot was put on hold and she was allowed to sign on as Chanel. The pilot got picked up, so she had to default to her prior engagement. All this brought on the Chanel recast.

• Members

I agree on Chandler. 

Guy Wilson had great chemistry with Christopher Sean.

Chandler/Guy feels like Kate Mansi/Marci Miller. Maybe with different writing or direction Guy would come alive more? 

I would love CS/Paul back. I miss him.

Sonny can be recast. I like Freddie, and like Chandler, have overlooked his flaws.

Same.

I loved early flavor Wilson.

Something changed and I was all for Will and Paul. Chandler and Christopher seemed to have a bro-mance and you could see they enjoyed each other. Not saying Chandler and Freddie don't but the chemistry wasn't the same at all anymore and Will and Sonny seemed more suited apart, yet still besties.

I'd say Guy Wilson definitely had chemistry with Christopher Sean AND Freddie Smith.

I have to say it royally sucks we have Sami and Lucas on the verge of a reunion (it's probably just a tease knowing Ron), Allie interested in both Chanel and Tripp, and Johnny finally coming to town and WILL IS OFF-SCREEN.

Sigh.

Make it make sense.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Christopher Sean was great.  Such a good find.  And he had one of the worst backstories and retcons ever but he was so charming and wasted a lot.  He had great chemistry with both Will and Sonny.  I still don't buy that John got 3 women pregnant in a span of like a year, but CS really channeled Drake in mannerisms and looks honestly.  He was exactly what I would imagine a child of Tori/John would look and be like.

Chandler vs. Guy will always be Chandler to me.  I do think Guy gave more effort most of the time and had fire chemistry with Paul, but Chandler is my Will for sure.  I think both Guy and Chandler could do a lot more with better writing.   And less Grandpa cardigans....

• Members

Yes, less grandpa cardigans please! Remember when they tossed Jack in them around 2011/2012? lol

Chandler is definitely my Will. Looking back I can appreciate Guy's chemistry and his effort at the time but it says it all that his Will could be easily murdered. 

Absolutely agreed on Paul/CS. He really made something out of next to nothing. He embraced playing John's son and loved it and it showed. It just ... worked. It shouldn't have but it did. Such a credit to CS, and even Drake, IMO.

• Members

Drake did really well with it too.  I wish John would mention Paul more.  He is literally the least obnoxious of all his children.   Blah, blah Belle and Brady.  Paul is still the coolest child. I would be okay with a recast but I think CS was given crap to play and made it his own so I don't know how it would go over.  There was just something very authentic about the way CS played Paul with everyone he was involved with. 

I feel the same with Guy.  He clearly was trying and giving it his all, but he was always just FAUXWill to me.  He wasn't a disaster.  He was just there for me.  I do think he would have been better served completely away from Sonny though at least for awhile.

• Members

Yup

Guy's Will worked with Paul be because he was his little twink lover. Paul was the mature guy of the two. 

Chandler Will was never a slut playing around which he should've been and I think that's why many loved his cheating again on Sonny with Paul. 

Sonny and Will stop working for me because Will was the one always apologizing to a hurt Sonny when he was responsible for the situation. Sonny was a pompous a$$ to Will and he always forgave him.