DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Jason Brooks is walking sex (to this day) in a way that few actors can capture, so he’d be ideal, but that would absolutely burn that bridge with Missy Reeves. (I’d suspect that bringing him back, even as a recast, would be enough.)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm starting to have a hard time finding the motivation to watch again because I can't stand the Ciara/Ben stuff. I didn't watch yesterday. I'll watch eventually but I'm just not excited to watch episodes full of this Ben crap. They need to write him and Ciara out. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

For me, Ciara and Theo were always supposed to be end game. 

I can not and have never been able to get into Ben or get the fan love for a serial killer. Having everyone act like he's this great guy makes them all look beyond stupid. If they just had to keep the actor around, they should have done the twin thing with him versus Stefan/Jake or one of those damn brain chips or have it turn out it wasn't him after all (as in Marlena and the Salem Stalker story)...anything would have made it just slightly better. No serial killer gets out of prison because they're on medicine now. Ugh. Honestly, I just FF through all the Ben stuff.

Theo should be on full-time in my opinion as well.

• Members

Agreed.   I was a Ciara & Ben fan, but with this most recent writing with him hallucinating Jordan, being crazed and very overly possessive of Ciara, I am wishing DAYS would axe him or at least have Ben go back to the mental hospital for a bit.

Agreed, bring back Jason Brooks as Peter Blake, it's long overdue.  If he can't or won't come back, then re-cast with Ted King ( I like that idea and agree B&B probably will axe him in 5 or 6 lol), or I still like William de Vry(ex-Julian Jerome, GH, ex-Michael Cambias, AMC) for Peter as well. Plus it's a no brainer to bring back Cady McClain in a longterm contract as Jennifer.  Hopefully DAYS will do this when Marci Miller(Abigail) returns from maternity leave. Jack without Jennifer doesn't make sense , especially letting all Gwen & Xander move into her house.

• Members

I can't help but continue to wonder if Universal Television were in Sony Pictures Television's place... just how influence they could pull in-terms of production of Days of Our Lives and improve it.

deVry is still my top choice for a Peter recast, as I do believe his chemistry with McClain and the other female cast would be palpable. However, if deVry wouldn't do it, then King would be my second choice of recast.

Let's hope when Miller comes back that McClain will be behind her, and then, eventually, Casey Moss!