DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think this whole cliffhanger would have worked better if everyone was at the wedding.   Like the entire town and it seemed important.  The only cast members I can think of who would have zero reason to be there would be Gwen/Xander and Paulina/Chanel.   Everyone else is related to Ciara or dating someone important to Ciara or related to Theo.   Even the Nicole/EJ/Sami stuff could have taken place and then they all end up at the wedding like JER used to do in the 90's.  Other stories took place, but they all took place at the same event.   Even if you hate Cin a bunch of other stories would be simmering at the wedding and it wouldn't be so bad.  Alas, I know budget interferes but 4 people at the wedding was lame. 

The other problem is the stakes aren't high.  If Ciara was marrying someone random or a villian it would make more sense for Ben to kidnap her.  At this point does it matter if she marries Theo?   Ciara has previously been married, presumably is already sleeping with Theo, and he's not going to do anything to harm her.  So if Ciara gets her memory back they could just divorce lol?  Ben is just being a creeper and trying to accelerate her memory coming back.  

I totally agree with you. These types of events require. The entire town. So we can see they're reactions. When Cin married pretty much everyone was there. Which impressed me. Knowing what a shoestring budget Days has. It was so pathetic. The only people there were Lani, Abe, Belle, Shawn, Allie and Clara. No Doug & Julie. Which wasn't explained unlike Hope.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Doug tore his rotator cuff playing racquet ball and Julie had to go to the ER with him.  I was watching the big Kristen reveal in 1997 and I loved how the entire town just stayed in the DiMera living room listening to it all when they clearly probably should have left John, Marlena, and Kristen alone.  But it was good drama.  This was 6 people in a room.  If you are going to do something like this, even if it's not the best, go big or go home on it.  You have a Carver/Dimera and a Brady/Horton.  Everyone could have been involved.  I would do that over randomly casting "names" to play parts that aren't necessary. 

• Members

Julie said he was the best in the league. lol.  But we physically see Doug, and bless his heart, Bill Hayes does not look like he's playing racquet ball anymore unless he's playing with Victor.   And that's just bad karma to talk about.

Edited by carolineg