Y&R June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

This storyline is ridiculous and insulting.  I never write comments on shows. I like daytime soaps, but this story line is enough to make me stop watching.  Why are you turning Summer into a weak crying women who can not stand up for herself and will let another gold digging bully her into leaving the job, city, and man of your dreams.  It's not believable that a major French Brand would hire someone so immature who can't stand up to a women who openly blackmails her.  Tiara is not likable and neither is Sally.  Stop this silliness.  Let Summer spill the goods on both of them.  Keep Summer and Kyle together and cut this ridiculous craziness of letting the mother of this child destroy lives.  Kyle and Summer have had so many ups and downs.  It's time they find togetherness and fight common enemies on the show.  This Tiara drama is not interesting and turning off your fans. 

On Abby, give her something else to do but abscess over the coming baby and her husband who you took away before they could form a relationship.  Some of these storylines are so petty.  Give us some mature drama.  I hate the direction of the show.  

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nah, I agree the show sucks but not for some of the reasons OP is stating. 100% Summer would not be acting like a doormat to Tara, but it doesn't help that JG is framing Skyle as the next greatest super couple (though it seems OP has been snowed by it). There's nothing remotely likeable about Kyle and Summer as individual characters as they've basically come from privileged backgrounds and come across as two overgrown teenage brats, and to say that they've gone through "ups and downs" is romanticizing their history. Not really sold on the performance of the actress who plays Tara, but Sally is about the only character on the canvas that's willing to call them out on it. It doesn't work. Sally needs to be removed from the Skyle orbit and Skyle needs to carry their own problems without having their parents written into them every time.

• Members

So you have to wonder what's next for Sharon and Rey, unless Josh plans to replay the Adam/Sharon attraction again? Surely not. All they've done recently is talk about the trip to Miami.

Same with Lilly/Billy and Nick/Phyllis. There is nothing happening there.

Devon is a sounding board for Amanda.

Faith/Moses is hardly played.

Jack is now the supportive grandpa.

At least having Stitch back provides some interest in the Abby story.

Josh needs to get some conflict happening for those couples and have them doing something.

Get Imani and Nate happening.

I'm a bit behind but puzzled by Ashland getting this terminal illness, especially where he just got the news and immediately told Victoria who was 'a bit 'too bad, so sad'. Really this should have been played for more drama.

Ashland is a character with such potential and his involvement with Victoria is a new dynamic and they are killing him off?

Same with Kyle/Tara/Summer. Kyle has been too quick to embrace fatherhood. Summer has been cast as the victim where she should be  a bit stronger in her actions. Perfect chance  to deal with Jack's crap parenting. Jack should have reflected on his history and wonder if Kyle is ready for this. Traci would be the perfect sounding board for her brothers.

Josh's execution and pacing can be so frustrating.

• Members

They should've introduced them as a new political dynasty on this show. Perhaps Victor and other GC citizens could've been interacting with them for their own interests as well as donating to Sutton's gubernatorial campaign. Perhaps the family were trying to keep it on the down low regarding Amanda's parentage since it would have an affect on Sutton's campaign. Eventually, they could've had the truth come out at Sutton's inaugural ball where most of the canvas is there for November sweeps. 

• Members

Enough of this Skyle bull crap! I’m sick of whimpering crying Summer. We are supposed to believe that this pig who almost bullied a kid to the point of suicide, chased after her moms boyfriend,  bedded her Uncle Billy, used her liver to marry Kyle, is too weak to stand up to Tara? 
Lola and Kyle were a much better couple than Kyle and the idiot. 
The Amanda storyline is not much better. It’s downright boring. 
Time to get a new Chance on the show. 

• Members

Agreed on Skyle and Chance 100%. It’s actually nice to see Summer getting what she deserves but at the same time she’s oddly being written at the moment as a damsel in distress as opposed to the antagonist in the Kyle & Lola story just a year ago. What a mess. 

The entire Chance/Abby story is a huge mess. A complete disaster.

I don’t think Amanda’s story is boring however it definitely isn’t well written at all. It lacks from a sense of urgency as well as a complete lack of dramatic stakes in the story as well. 

• Members

In the latest SOD Sean Corrigan says his return is short term. Is this just a distraction for Abby as they try to work out how to salvage the surrogate story?

I've noticed that Victor/Nikki had have no scenes regarding the Summer/Kyle drama. Surely they would be invested in their granddaughter being mucked around by Jack Abbott's son?

• Members

I heard it is because they're still trying to cast New Chance. I heard from a reliable source that they're having a hard time doing so. However, you can't tell me there isn't a mid to late 30 white male in Hollywood who can't fill that role in this moment?!