Y&R June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Speaking of bad times ... 

Lawd! Alan Locher is having a virtual with Jill Farren Phelps... 

Alan Locher will welcome Jill Farren Phelps to his YouTube show, The Locher Room on Wednesday, June 23 at 3 p.m. ET. Phelps has been the EP at ANOTHER WORLD, GH, GUIDING LIGHT, ONE LIFE TO LIVE, SANTA BARBARA AND Y&R and has won 11 Daytime Emmys for her works on soaps.

Jill Farren Phelps Virtual Interview - Soap Opera Digest

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The only problem is that I have no clue as to what the Amanda / Sutton storyline is about. It’s a convoluted mess of things that happened offscreen, and I just can’t follow it — so I have no reason to care.

The entire story is a damn disaster.

• Members

On May 30th, I said this:

With Tara, it’s almost a certainty she’ll end up a different character. They didn’t have Ashland warn Jack about her for no reason’ 

At this rate, any of us could write a more compelling, less predictable version of Y&R

… Well, maybe not me (because I got the potential scenario wrong

Please register in order to view this content

) but many on here could.

• Members

The dialogue on this show is so clunky and labored. It’s as if someone told them to write the show like a stiff Victorian costume drama.

It’s clear they’re setting up the Lockes to be snakes in the grass, with eyes potentially both on Jabot and NE. They could not have laid the groundwork more poorly for this, though. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

At least Tara has finally been given something interesting to do, her threatening Summer was at least something fun to watch in spite of the horrid dialogue.

Abby’s story remains a dumpster fire. Not even Tricia Cast can save this mess.

• Members

I'll admit that while I am still not sold on the acting choice of playing Tara with that calm cold flat affect (potentially sociopathic?), the "Oh sweetie" cracked me up.
Honestly, I wish more people would openly mock characters like Kyle and Summer who are playing make-believe adults and actually are in way over their heads. It would make it almost tolerable that most other characters seem to take them seriously.
A little bit of self-aware humor would do the show some good. You can't play everything that straight when the writing is that boring.

• Members

Kyle and Summer is such worthless pairing that has never ever worked for the last eight years no matter who was playing Kyle. At least Lachlan gets to play himself in Dynasty nowadays, which is not a bad thing at all.

In fact the show had put so much stock into Kyle & Lola I think that’s why this pairing is flagging so fast. Not to mention getting rid of Theo so quick was such a massive mistake.