Y&R June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

One advantage of never actually giving people's ages on the show is that it is very vague how old those Sorased kids are. They don't need to be explicitly Sorased to be in practice.

Look at Victoria: how old is she supposed to be. It is VERY unclear. She was Sorased in the 90s but she was born on-screen in 1982 and frankly her current version could easily be 40yo without raising my eyebrow. In practice, she has been de-sorased and roughly matches her "real" age.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well both are pretty obvious plot turns to take and Josh does by the numbers writing so....

The show is unbalanced right now with the Kyle/Summer/Tara story on every day, with a dash of Amanda talking about the past and that's pretty much it.

Everyone else is just filler.

Jack is on way too much going from the Abbott house to Society and Crimson Lights to dole out wisdom.

What's with all the women in silky tops/pants?

• Members

I wish they would recast the role of Tara with someone with soap experience or at least someone who has various range of emotions because this character has potential to be the next 'Diane Jenkins" if done right but the actress is unfortunately too low-energy for me. 

• Members

She looks like she could be Ashland’s trophy wife but she looks too mature for Kyle.  They dress her like a housewife from yesteryear.

The balance is off, it’s too much of the Kyle story. 
I agree about Jack. Give him a lover already! 

Edited by Chatty Cakes

• Members

I’m all for something different, but Ashland doesn’t seem like a man Victoria would be into. She’s much more into the wild, brooding, artsy, boyish types.

And they aren’t really selling it, even with the art connection. The Lockes are just a miss for me.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Tara needs to be recast and Ashland could have potential but they keep seeing how "ruthless" he is but I don't see it. I would rather if they had made Ashland be a political figure i.e. Grant Harrison from Another World who gets caught up with the canvas of Genoa City instead. 

• Members

Totally good to see her, but it’s a reminder that the Y&R she’s associated with no longer exists. Katherine and Ryan are dead. Paul, Christine, and Jill are MIA. Her long-lost Ronan’s gone. The writers everyone now and then remember her connection to Victoria, but she and AH don’t have that rich history and chemistry TC had with HT.

They didn’t even bother to use TC for the most recent Neil tribute, even though Tricia and KSJ literally grew up together, and Neil and Nina were friends. They used Eileen Davidson, for heaven’s sakes.

There are a lot of different ways they could use TC, and they just aren’t doing it. Even though she wasn’t super tight with Victor, Nikki, Lily, et al, she’s a known entity from around Genoa City who could work with more major players.

I wonder how long it’ll be before Sally leaves. They are clueless as to what to do with her, and it really shouldn’t be that hard. Why not at least put her in Nick’s orbit? He has nothing to do.

This off-screen Chance story…

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Faulkner