Y&R June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't. Even if MM did what the rumors say he did, and I am not entirely sure everyone's behavior matches the rumor, I don't see what this would have to do with HK's employment ten years later.
It manages to smear both MM and HK which is quite the feat.

It is clear HK is a favorite of TPTB which is fine by me - a lot more unworthy actors have been propped up by producers in the past. At least she is charismatic and can act so while neither she not Summer are favorites, it is not absurd they'd want to hang onto their main leading lady in that age range even when she is quite clearly hoping to get other jobs.
Considering the LONG list of soaps youngsters who left to strike it big and never went anywhere, I am not mad that she is smart enough to keep a foot in in case it doesn't work out. I bet soaps would be winners on balance if they allowed their performers to do that: those who want to leave will leave anyway, especially if they feel they can't pursue other projects, while they might be able to hang on to some for whom "larger" fame does not work out by keeping the door open for them

I bet those favorable terms were negotiated when JFP was EP since she was a fave but good on her she managed to keep them. And there is no need for her to be blackmailing anybody.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I heard the MM rumor about HK was not what happened. Folks thought that HK should have publicly said that MM didn’t harass her. 
I heard and tend to believe that the wonderful MM was a pain in the ass to work with and Eric had no patience for that. He also got on Melody and Kristoff’s nerves. 
I still miss him! I loved his version of Adam. 

• Members

Well, I was fond of his version of Adam too. 
But I am keeping an open mind that some version of the rumor might be true - maybe a lesser versiona, a smaller incidentl that *added* to his otherwise complicated relationship with his castmates rather than an outright firing offense. My clue that it can't entirely be about his personality is that JM was real buds with him outside of work when he was there and since then silence. Something else must have happened but it doesn't have to be anywhere near the level of gravity of outright sexual harassment to have been the final straw for a guy who already had powerful enemies.
In any case I don't think it is fair to blame HK in any of the scenarios and it seems very clear that the entire cast was firmly told NOT to discuss.
We know SC is still very friendly with him and yet has never said anything publicly to support him either. And while KsJ's tweet was hard to read - although it didn't read to me as something he would have said if the rumor was true - it was very clear his frustrations were as much with the orders he was under not to discuss it publicly.
So whether she was a victim in the first place or simply in a rumor about something that didn't happen, I don't think it was on HK to handle and I can't blame her for staying out of it. Even as a fan of his work, MM did deserve at least some of the blowback he got - she emphatically didn't in any of the potential scenarios.
In the end it will stay a huge mystery unless someone at YR with nothing to lose and no axe to grind ends up telling the true story. 

• Members

Thanks for the logical, rational, sensible posts about Muhney and Hunter King. Those on here implying that she has some ace contract because of what (they believe) happened are ridiculous. Once again, the female gets blamed — when she never opened her mouth publicly about anything.

I loved Muhney as Adam, but the stories about him are many. Calling him difficult would be an understatement. He didn’t learn anything after losing at Veronica Mars, and he compounded his reputation at Y&R. I have to believe he was warned MULTIPLE times to clean up his act.

• Members

Hunter King's contact should be up as she returned in June 2018 so perhaps she is in negotiations or she requested a break before returning.

Does the fact that Nikki and Victor are due to head to Milan have any bearing on Summer moving to Milan also?

Just saw the ep where Nate and Elena were getting it on...how can this happen when other characters are not allowed to touch?

• Members

It’s almost weird to see Victor with Abby, but he’s pretty much the only Newman she’s had contact with over the past few months. Weird that they’ve struggled to find things for her to do, yet have kept her isolated from her families, who are both embroiled in story. What a waste of an Abbott/Newman.

• 2 weeks later...