Y&R December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

How in the hell are Billy or Kyle not interested in Sally? Billy would rather be with the bland and dull Lily? Kyle is into idiot girl Summer again? Sally is stunning and lights up her scenes.  The other two are boring.

Loved the scenes with Traci, Nina, Ashley, Jack and even Esther. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It’s crazy how boring Billy and Lily are together. They need to get Daniel back for her or try again. As for Sally, I just don’t think she fits in. She doesn’t click with anybody I’ve seen her in scenes wifh and serves no purpose on the show. I can think of several B&B characters that would be useful to Y&R, but Sally is literally the last one I’d think of. 

• Members

Repost from earlier in this thread:

Wed Dec 2 US epi clip

Each parent remembers their child as a baby (flashback shown!)
and then the camera switches to the child as now adult.

Ashley/Abby

Jack/Kyle

Jill/Billy

Nina/Chance*

Victor&Nikki / Victoria / Nick

* (Thanks to those who replied to my earlier question,
verifying that Nina/Chance is shown with Thom Bierdz Philip)

Reposted above to add this:

For anyone who can't see this youtube clip, Y&R just uploaded the scene to their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungandtheRestless/posts/385981316070636/

https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungandtheRestless/videos/385981316070636/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

If you have an "Amazon Prime" subscription, CBS All Access is available in several ways, and it plays better there than it does on cbs.com 
-- but follow these instructions:
If you already subscribe to Amazon Prime, then click one of the the episodes you want, and it will give you the option to do three things:

Please register in order to view this content

1) free subscription to CBS All Access for one week with limited commercials. (But remember to manually cancel it before the week is over, or they will automatically charge you the regular fees with whatever method you use to pay your amazon orders.)

2) purchase a regular subscription to CBS All Access with limited commercials.

3) purchase a more expensive subscription to CBS All Access with zero commercials.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Tricia Cast slots back in effortlessly, but I'm not sure they'd know what to do with a character like Nina if she returned long-term, not this iteration of Y&R at least.

The wedding episodes were nice and all (mostly for the character interaction and flashbacks that had nothing to really do with the actual couple), but it's not an actual storyline. When they retuned to the actual 'storylines' like the crap with Billy/Adam, I had no interest. Nothing on this show has any depth, and it just keeps on treading the same waters over and over again. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I’ve missed several weeks. Was Adam really a danger mentally or did Victor just not know what to do with him? I enjoyed the vets much much more than this current Adam stuff.

I wish they’d done something better for Abby and Chances honeymoon other than that depressing room. 
Summer figuring out what a movie is about is not interesting. 
Is Theo still on? Did his latest scheme take off? 

• Members

Totally. Y&R does nostalgia and anniversaries really well (Neil’s death/the KSJ tribute, the episodes following Dina’s passing), but that’s not the show day-to-day. Y&R has such a deep roster of great actors we never see. Yet all those vets have to do is show up, and the show immediately  goes to a different level.

• Members

I won't be buying that new laptop until early next year (being stubborn and waiting for the price drop) and my current laptop is functional (barely) for only low-res tasks. I can't complain since it lasted me for nine years without so much as an upgrade. This is why I was mainly watching via phone but the CBS app is so bad.  CBS News app is also trash. I can watch programming in Japan in crystal clear picture quality with no lag but CBS drags, reloads constantly and more frequently stalls. I don't get it.

You're right, the browser was better but even then, it worked better on Chrome(which is a privacy nightmare) yet not with Firefox.

I once worked for a company that built websites for businesses, a few were behemoths. I just can't understand how a huge corporation like CBS can be satisfied with such  crappy apps.