Y&R December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

I like the way you think, @slick jones
with Y&R hitting such auspicious milestones, a compendium book would be a great idea on and off-screen. I am still disappointed that the show did nothing with the anniversary of the Ruthless book, they could've tied that into Victor's book and Eric's anniversary on the show.

I caught a glimpse of an episode and I will say that Tricia and Jess are such pros with a high degree of talent and integrity in their work ethic that they can really do great work, regardless of the circumstances. The dialogue in the scenes between Jack and Jill wasn't great (kind of stilted) but Jess finessed it anyway, and looked great doing it. The fact that Tricia Cast can practically parachute in and have such genuine Mother-Son chemistry with her on-screen son speaks to how good Cast is.

I saw very little of the previous/current contracted "Chance" but he struck me as nothing special. This current on-screen temp seems like a great fit for "Abby". Husbands and Wives don't always work well together, so this is auspicious for the show, which should bring him back, sooner rather than later.

Is MO one of the strongest actresses in daytime television? No. Is she problematic? No. She also has decent chemistry with a number of other actors on the show, so I see no reason for her to go. Keeping her around though, should mean investing in a worthwhile pairing, especially if the writers are not going to bother to write a compelling story for the character on her own.

Also, count me in among the people who find the Phyllis/Nick scenes weirdly out of place. I know this was supposed to be some kind of B story but it seemed like filler going nowhere fast, at best. And Michelle is back to her giggly acting ticks-- reminded me of the poster (can't recall who though) who referred to her as "Giggly Heffa".

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It would've been juicy had they brought back Leanna Love for the Victor stuff or when Hilary was still alive and doing GC Buzz ( for once, providing a useful platform for that set). I think Barbara Crampton's Leanna conspiring with Mishael Morgan as Hilary would've been a lot of fun.

The idea of a new reissue of Ruthless with updated epilogue would've fit right onto the story and added intrigue.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

But Amanda is a whole different character than Hilary, is the only issue. Amanda is straight-laced and Hilary was more of a feather ruffler, who reveled in controversy. I liked the idea of them as pot-stirrers, with Hilary on her platform juicing the enmity between Victor and Leanna to gin up ratings for GC Buzz. I'm not sure what storyline they could do with Amanda that wouldn't seemed completely contrived.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I can’t imagine how crappy it must feel when a temp recast is better received than you are, à la Lindsay Korman/Kelly Monaco on GH or now Justin Gaston/Donny Boaz here.

I’ll just say that MO is blessed. Hubby is smokin’ hot.

Might I say that Abby/Chance were actually sort of cute and fun today? I don’t usually say that about soap couples these days.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Even though the writing here was shallow, Lily and Billy talking about how their parents’ relationships affect their own romantic relationships is the type of conversation I wish more soap characters had more often, and not just as a nod to history during a 12,000 episode week. It’s a conversation real people have.

• Members

That sounds like a reasonable question.

Only having seen one episode in months, I can only think of the dreaded and overused triangle, unfortunately.  Speaking of which, have Chance and Chloe interacted at all since Chance has been back on the canvas? Perhaps only a friendship between Chance and Chloe would be enough to play on any deep-seated insecurities that Abby might have, which could cause some conflict. The only other things that come to mind are that Abby's business falls into crisis and absorbs her time and energy or if Chance has a health relapse of some sort. I'd probably have to actually watch the show to come up with something better.

• Members

Wed Dec 2 US epi clip  (sorry this might be geoblocked but hopefully someone downloads/uploads it.)

Each parent remembers their child as a baby (flashback shown!)
and then the camera switches to the child as now adult.

Ashley/Abby

Jack/Kyle

Jill/Billy

Nina/Chance

Victor&Nikki / Victoria / Nick

Questions:

Nina with baby Chance on her wedding day.  I was expecting them to show her with Ryan (Scott Reeves) ...  Is this Reeves?

Or did they really show Phillip III/ Thom Bierdz?  My guess is that it's Bierdz but they showed only the profile of his face and it was for a split-second.

The Victor/Nikki part. Which baby shown is VIctoria, and which is Nick? 

Edit to correct Tom Bierdz to Thom Bierdz

Edited by janea4old