Y&R December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Webmaster

There's a glitch with Invision and Facebook currently because Facebook changed their algorithm. Unfortunately, Facebook/Instagram embeds don't automatically convert at this time.

I've always found Christian to be a hottie. Now with the salted hair, my gawd!!!!

If I were a network programmer, I would have had him in a series as the patriarch of a prominent family with an edge who's secretly cheating on his spouse and have a very torrid, sexual affair. Swoon!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I started off at SOC, but saw something was up when messages started to vanish when I was debating about things on OLTL or ideas that I liked. It just wasn't the same.

Oh...so I have something to look forward to then.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I know once I hear Nadia's Theme that I'm either in for a treat or a good cry.

I'm up to last Friday and...

I love that montage of the parents flashbacking to their children as babies and flashforward to them now. That was so cute and awww-inducing.

And I loved the wedding. And the little sly humor. And just the idea of having ALL of the Abbotts, the Newmans, and a good amount of Chancellors in the same room was awk-strucking to me. And I even felt my eyes mist over a little bit. 

Can we keep this Chance? LOL!!! I know broken record.

And I saw the chest @Soapsuds. I'm jealous of MO. lol.

That said...watching Thursday, the shift was obvious. And I felt almost nothing for it.

Please register in order to view this content

I wanted to see how Devon was doing. I also was not feeling Summer/Kyle. But I liked them as bad boy/vixen back during SSM/MY so not really feeling them...though it was nice to see some hair on MM's chest. lol. And that movie just screamed OLTL and CHRISTINA CAME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS to me, but I think that is actually a real movie, right?

Looks like they are just throwing Sally around and seeing what will stick. Shame cuz she has sooo many possibilities.

And I missed it...did Billy shoot Chance trying to shoot Adam? Is that it? It was not specific enough in the dialogue during the wedding. Only that no one wanted Billy there really.

• Members

Whether Fairmont is producing these virtual discussions himself or with the help of a P.A. or associate editor, I appreciate the use of well-timed clips and clear photo stills. I wish other soap vlogs and live streams would take note. Tricia and Jess were fun guests, I could have listened to them go on longer. It was poignant and even comforting to hear Tricia describe the long-time friendship she had with Kristoff. Sad to hear her wistfulness about not getting the opportunity to have worked with him more on Y&R.  Just glad to know that Tricia seems to be doing well and seems upbeat. She's been through a lot.

• Members

12-7-20

Yeah, I can see what you all meant with this Adam stuff. I don't even know if Billy shot at him or not and other than Jill's involvement I don't care. And Chelsea is only good when she has an edge or is going insane over Adam/Sharon bond. So the storyline is annoying.

Meanwhile...WOW. It has been a while since I saw Faith. She has really grown. And she has a storyline. Looks like peer pressure. I wonder if Sharon's going to worry about her like she did Cassie when Cassie started to rebel...and the memories that could potentially bring up. 

And we all know I love seeing Sharon. Sane Sharon at that. 

Oh...and THIS is the white hair you were all talking about on Michael. Hmmmm...indifferent. Need to get used to it. And it was so weird to watch it when he is sitting with Rey with his even darker dyed hair. 

• Members

Honestly, Nick should also be even more worried, especially seeing that he advised Sharon to take a more relaxed position where Cassie's rebellion was concerned. I am surprised that the show never fully explored that aspect, in terms of the possibility of Nick harboring guilt about it.

• Members

Compare what GH did with their Ned/Alexis affair, which traditional soap trajectory everyone here wanted for the Nate/Elena boink: peripheral characters surrounding Ned/Alexis all discovering the secret and ratcheting up the tension over weeks. Tracy returned and got involved. Meanwhile, Y&R took the path of least drama, with everyone in Genoa City finding out that Nate and Elena fúcked within a couple weeks. And here we are today, with Elena and Nate embarking on a dry, throwaway, socially distanced love story that has no rooting value or real tension while Olivia on GH is still none the wiser.