Y&R December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Plus, turning Summer into Phyllis Jr (by way of insecurity and irrationality) isn’t the way to go, especially when you then introduce someone else who has a little of the younger Phyllis (in both scheming, ambition and looks) to be her ‘rival’/prop.

Edited by LondonScribe

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I did like Sally/Kay instantly restoring the show with sense again after Pratt and JFP. But I was not keen on Nikki's arc of playing the piano for the concerto to be on my screen. It felt like something out of a novel that gets turn into a movie starring Meryl Steep or Glenn Close. 

Scott's arc was terrible and the actors was wrong for the role. I got tired of him mansplaining things to characters. 

Ravi should've had more scenes with the younger crowd i.e. Noah, Mariah, etc., instead of being Phyllis and Ashley most of the time to give him balance on the canvas. 

Kevin and Chloe could leave for Silicon Valley tomorrow and I won't be sad. And that's bad because Chloe is Katherine's goddaughter who is the daughter of the maid, but grew up among wealth and had a daughter with an Abbott. 

I'm ready for a new Head Writer who at least get 80% of their ideas on screen. 

• Members

Didn't Mal also kill Hilary off and called it a "gift" to the viewers? I'm not sure where this nostalgia for Mal is coming from. Personally, I could see there being a greater likelihood that MY and SS would have clashed, repeatedly. And for any creative project to work, there must be some synergy present. A constant battle of wills won't work.

• Members

This was one of the most egregious acts, sacrificing Lily in the process. I know the latter (or rather Cristel Khalil) isn’t the most popular, but it was destructive, counter-productive writing in my opinion. 

I agree that Mal Young would have clashed with Sally Sussman Morina, as I subsequently found out that he has clashed with or significantly disagreed with most people he worked with in the U.K. I happened to read an old  interview with former Eastenders Executive Producer Matthew Robinson, who made it clear he didn’t exactly get on with Mal Young, who had hired him. 

In reality, it is likely that they did clash and disagree on the vision of the show, and Mal Young is historically used to telling people what to do and getting his way, hence his strokes pulled to remove Sussman.

Edited by LondonScribe

• Members

Well,   it has been a while since she accidentally knocked someone off.... <cough> Chelsea<cough>   O_O  

Nice to hear Dicholas tell Victoria how rotten she's become.

Oh goody,  the Red Menace and the Chipmunk, together again..... this should be 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Sally/Jack *could* work as John/Jill redux, but this show has zero patience to lay the (potentially years of) groundwork for a story with such prominent “ew” factor, especially in 2020. Sally just arrived in Genoa City a minute ago, and they’re already heavily alluding to a pairing.

• Members

I don’t think it’s just you.

If I’m being generous, I’d say they are being back-burned, but with Amanda’s insta-family potentially emerging from the fog, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Elena and Nate quietly leave town.

Edited by LondonScribe

• Members

Arturo! I always enjoyed him. I wish they had kept him and Mia around. She was a feisty troublemaker. 
I’m watching more episodes now and feel like it’s better now than it was when they first returned.  Not crazy about Adam and Chelsea. Is Chelsea going to pass away? They keep mentioning her surgery as routine. And the go to is always Chelsea and Adam leaving GC. Which they rarely do unless there’s a change of Adam actors. 
Had to chuckle at Rey’s mom calling Sharon her future daughter in law, she looks so young! 

• Members

Why does Phyllis have to end her sentences in a whisper for emphasis? I wish they’d put a mask on her so we wouldn’t have to hear her.

Please register in order to view this content

Phyllis waving her man hands at Adam calling Chelsea a consultation prize! What exactly does Phyllis think she is? Nick see sawed between her and Sharon for years. 

• Members

Why is Phyllis on Adam’s case? She’s lucky Nicks with her right now and giving her money for that ugly hotel. She’s the last one that should pass judgement on Adam. She’s a bigger pyscho than he is. Plus isn’t she like 30 years older than him? Leave him alone!

How can Sharon not be sneaking peaks at Nick? Other than that beard he is like a fine wine, getting better with age.

Edited by Chatty Cakes