Y&R December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Tbf, the montage last week with the vets remembering their kids as kids and seeing them all grown up with Nadia's Theme playing.

So at least one person.

Please register in order to view this content

But Susan Dansby just started consulting last week right? Has she had any influence yet?

• Members

TBH, I rarely watch this show on a regular basis anymore.

The montages were a nice touch but some intern could have looked up those clips. The credit more likely goes to the editors who pieced those clips together and inserted them into the appropriate parts of the sequence, along with the music cues. The detail needed to write a storyline surrounding how the characters deal with an unresolved issue from the past is something this show hasn't managed to do in over a decade.

• Members

I understand. I come and go in my viewing now as well. 

That still means (hopefully) there is an intern with some understanding of the show at least.

But I do agree with the last sentence. As much as I want this Faith story to rope around...well...I don't feel that will be how it will happen at all either.

• Members

Now on last Wednesday...

...and HAHAHAHA at the writers taking every opportunity they can to get TempChance shirtless or just in briefs. I have no complaints.

Please register in order to view this content

Sad that Jill is gone already. I feel like she would have stayed. 

I do like that Icy Victoria is back!!! That was something I liked under SSM and Mal Young and guess to see that JG appears to be going with it. Because I've always said that AH can do a cold bitca when given the chance. And I have no problem with her going after Giggly Heffa. 

I could be into the Theo (hey, Brittany!) vs the Abbotts storyline if I was not sure how it was going to end. But I like watching the Abbotts.

Sally is being wasted on one hand. But I need to see her scheming on the other.

Sad that it seems like they have rushed through the Devon/Elena/Nate storyline. Though it seems it might have legs. And Amanda is just off somewhere.

Had a spark of interest surprisingly in drama for Chelesa/Adam, but adding in Chloe/Kevin killed that. lol.

• Members

I would think Dansby had something to do with the anniversary week, but the show seems to have fallen back into its old patterned as soon as it ended so I don’t know.  Maybe that week only worked because they always do special episodes well. 

I *do* however think Susan Dansby is the next HW and will be announced in January or February. Y&R has a habit of bringing the next HW on as a Story Consultant and if not, why not just bring her back in her old position? Perhaps BLM and her Producing gig on Ambitions gave her more leverage. I have no inside info so I could be wrong, but that’s my speculation. 

• Members

Yes, I agree. Just watching last week and halfway through so far, it has moments and people I either am interested in or could be interested in, but not as good as the week before it. And the old pattern...just ain't suiting me...meanwhile, GH had more fun for me and it is from the same time period I've playing catchup.

Ooooo...from your fingers to producers' brains. I would not mind that at all.