Y&R December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

JT seems checked out and Mark Grossman overacts in all his scenes.  He should really stop taking acting tips from the Red Menace.  Grossman was better when he started than he is now.

Boaz is returning...

Please register in order to view this content

Gaston  will be missed, along with Tricia Cast.   Gaston brought a stronger Abby from Melissa Ordway. 

Johnny Abbott aged 10 years yet Rey looks the same?  (Matthew Erick White reminds me of Doug Savant).

Griffith needs a co head writer or a replacement. His attempts at fantasies always seem to backfire.

So Alyssa travels with shooting gloves....

Oh and how great was it to link Theo to the Abbotts and Brooks only to make him an even bigger bitch than he was from the jump. Then ship him off to Paris, having never connected with the Brooks family at all.

Why are we seeing no fallout over Nate/Elena/Devon?   With Devon's money....

CLB looks fine AF

• Members

Cait Fairbanks is busy doing an album with some band or under a stage name I think. I think she had a brief cameo back in Sept/Oct but that’s it as Tessa has really been gone since March. It reminds me of how Marissa was referred to for almost a year after the actress was dismissed before Noah announced his off screen breakup with her. 

Speaking of Noah another recurring character in limbo. I wonder if Adamason doesn’t want to resign and the show doesn’t care enough to recast at this point.

But yeah, plots come and go so fast. Like what was the point of Gloria and the mysterious USB flash drive? (Is it still in the Chancellor mansion?) Why did Lola only plot her revenge for like one episode and then drop it? Heck Sharon’s entire cancer story is pretty much over now. 

• Members

So I take it this Billy episode was another Delia related episode? Did they include Chloe? It sickens me how her pain is often overlooked, especially after they basically turned her into a psycho and did nothing to redeem her. I don’t think Kevin or Chloe are needed, but she’s on contract so why isn’t she just as involved when mentioning Delia? JG seems to go out of his way not to give the female characters depth. 

• Members

Judging from the comments concerning his writing this time around, it would appear that his last attempt was during the Lauren/Carmine affair, which was ended quickly after backlash from some Lauren/Michael fans. It sounds as though JG has elected to write the women to be fairly vanilla, as milquetoast as possible as a result.