Y&R December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

l loved both wedding episodes and I will continue to be in the minority by having zero issue with Melissa Ordway. I would rather scratch my eyeballs out than watch Emme Rylan as Abby again.

Justin Gaston did great as Chance, I was hoping the southern accent would be gone though. I have no idea why Chance sounds like a redneck these days.

I enjoyed all the flashbacks and having all the vets together. I was shocked we actually got a Tyler flashback AND a Brad flashback. 

• Members

i hammered yesterday’s episode, but I think today’s wedding episode was great. The flashbacks worked...maybe I was just in a bad mood when I watched it LOL

Agree with you about Melissa Ordway — I do not want Emme Rylan back. The problem is not MO, but the writing for Abby. Today was good, though.

And btw, Ordway said the 2 weeks working with her husband were the most fun she’s had on the show. I think they were great together.

• Members

Watching Monday and...

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

And starting the episode with Jill and Esther...and Jack...nice.

Abby's crying is not bugging me. And MO is selling it to me.

And hmmmmm...NuChance. He fills in perfectly here versus on DAYS. Interesting. I didn't feel that vibe the few times I've seen other Chance. Echos of JD's Chance.

• Members

I watched Monday and Tuesday’s episodes and enjoyed both (minus the Phyllis scenes on Monday). This is a first for me in months.

I didn’t realize I was so blah about Recent Chance until Temporary Chance showed up!  He’s great in the role. 
I enjoyed the flashbacks and was glad to see Nina this week. 
I think we need more weddings in the near future with flashbacks!

• Members

I enjoyed the wedding episodes,but there were some glaring omissions.

Why Mariah but not Lola?

Where were Billy and Kyle?    Billy has been left out among the Abbott get togethers.  Why wasn't he around when Dina passed?  He wasn't related to her but had interacted with her....

We know why Theo wasn't there O_O....

Was Kyle out getting his hair Poofed?

Cricket, Paul and Lauren' s absences also made no sense---given their friendships with Nina.

Very surprised to hear Cole and Ryan spoken of, but I think that had more to do with AH having zero to do on the canvas.  It really is the perfect time to rest Victoria's character for a few months.  Send her on a business conference and bring her back after XMas.--preferably with a new actress and a new love interest...... <cough> bring in Heather Tom<cough>

Temp Chance---    80% improvement---   time to lose the accent.   You can see MO is livelier in scenes with JG

Just  suggestion    How about a Nina-Traci book collaboration about Genoa City through the years with a handsome book editor and publishing executive for a c-story.   I'd gladly lose Chelsea, Kevin, Theo, Lola, Phyllis (and her Grand Penis er Phoenix) for this story.   Cameos and flashbacks from the Brooks, Fosters, Williams, Newman, Abbott, Barber-Winters, Chancellors, etc. during the story for interviews, memories would make a much better story than half of what happens currently.   Just my thought, but Tricia Cast needs to stick around.

• Members

Casting suggestions for Publisher:  Lane Davies, James DePaiva, Scott Bryce, Peter Reckell,  Jon St. Elwood, Eddie Earl Hatch

Casting suggestions for editor:    John Hensley, Michael Park, William Devry, John LoPrieno,  Sean Blakemore, Mark Damon Espinoza, Daniel Henney

Once again, just spitballing thoughts, and the actors could also interact with others on canvas, but a Nina/Editor/Traci/Publisher c-storyline  rather than watching Chelsea sneer and yell every day sounds much better.

• Members

I love the idea of the book... they could do a longer term arc moving towards the 50th anniversary. And if there are actors that can't or won't travel to come on the show, they could actually do those interviews via Zoom the way they had Nina and Jill see Chance at the hospital and write it into the script that way. It wouldn't be my preference but would be a way to see some of the older vets.

• Members

Why is Cricket not at the wedding? It makes zero sense after everything she and Nina went through.

And I guess no one wanted TB there?

Please register in order to view this content

He could've bought his bf or husband. I guess his bad acing was enough to pass on. It would've been nice to see Nina, Phillip and Cricket in scenes together.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Merely having all these people in the same room gives this show a jolt of energy. Even Jill addressing Nikki with her back turned to her crackled with a tension that this show lacks on a day-to-day basis. Victor, Nikki, Jill, Nina, Jack, and Ashley all feel mythic and glamorous. Some of the other cast members are fine actors, but they don’t have IT.

It’s also great to simply see characters touch, hug, and be close together.

• Members

Done with Monday.

Really, really, really love TempChance, He just soo looks like TB's son. And the accent doesn't bother me at all. But I've been all over so my own accent is a weird one. 

Loved the flashbacks. Alex! Tyler! BRAAADD!!!! I didn't even see when Ashley named Abby so that was just adorable. Any scene with a flashback of Katherine is cool. And as someone already said...nice to see all the vets in one room...nicely distanced.

Phick...meh. But darn if JM didn't look good. Hm.

ETA: MO was hit or miss for me. She did great at the start...wanted to shake her throughout...okay Abby, not her...and the end was cute. I liked. But I rarely had problems with her. Now the writing...

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Taoboi