Y&R December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Monday’s episode was very watchable. I wish they’d given us some more flirtation between Jill and Jack though. Their scenes felt a little too sweet and didn’t have the underlying tension they typically have. 

The absolutely star was Tricia Cast. She slips into character so easily and Nina has such a youthfulness and she’s screaming for story. Tricia Cast can make anything work, so seeing her have such a strong handle on her character makes me want more. The fact that she never worked with Justin and made it feel soooo real! Speaking of, I’d definitely accept him as a recast. Ideally I’d do Mark Lawson and Emme Rylan, but just replacing Donny would help so much. 

The big downfall for me in this episode was Melissa Ordway. I don’t care what anybody says, she is a disgrace. She can’t act AT ALL and seeing the episode centered around her was cringeworthy. I don’t understand how she has lasted in the role so long with this quality of work and lack of chemistry with any leading man OR family member. The only exception is Eileen Davidson. She is truly a disgrace. 

• Members

I'm caught up! I never get to participate in these threads. 

I was pleasantly surprised they mentioned Ronan at all.

The dialogue about how they are all part of important families is so bad. No one talks like that. When Jill was talking to the picture I thought she might want to head to the backyard and say hello to Phillip as well, after all he's the grandfather of the groom.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I was picking.

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously...agree. The only good thing about that story from that time was that 1)it destroyed Phick and 2)the smackdown Nina gave Phyllis. 

I hope Round 2 comes this time around. 

• Members

Can we keep Gaston but lose the Drawl?  Chance didn't grow up in Nashville---that's Scott Reeves (ex-Ryan) that lives there.  Chance didn't sound like this when Driscoll was in the role.   Forgetting everything about Boaz's performance would just be wonderful--thanks

Jill and Nina mixing it up with Jack, Traci, Ashley, Victor, Nikki, Esther, Devon---and flashbacks!  All in all a decent episode minus Snaggletooth and her frat boy brother and of course, Staph infuction.  All thre didn't need to be on pre-wedding.  They could easily have arrived later. (Tomorrow's episode)  Victoria with Traci and Ash talking about Brad--- just why?  And who exactly has been clamoring for Nick and Phallus?

Wow!   they bothered to remember that Abby was with Tyler.  That actually surprised me.   Abby's Maid of honor should have been Lola, though.  She and Mariah are only recently civil...just saying

Nice break from Bummer's whining.   Why is she getting a business again?  It seems like rather than consolidating these assorted businesses, they are branching out----- Except Josh Griffith is terrible at business stories.   Terrible.

Do you all see how truly unnecessary Chelsea, Adam, Chloe, Kevin and Lola are?

Again--- please lose Boaz and Chance's unnecessary accent.   Gaston and Cast had a nice chemistry--let's just fit Boaz with a new MAGA hat and a placebo for that imaginary disease he didn't get not wearing that mask--the one that violates his wights......

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Phyllis is at the top of the list to be dropped - there's nothing left for her. 

Bringing back Chelsea, Chloe and Kevin for nothing of interest.

Lose those 4 and free up the canvas for some other returns or interesting new characters.

Rey and Lola might as well head out also.

And Josh Griffith...

• Members

— Justin Gaston is a good chance and worked well with Tricia Cast and Melissa Ordway. Wish they’d keep him.

— I usually love flashbacks, but the only ones that worked were Abby with her former partners. The others seemed forced. Abby’s wedding and we need to see an ancient clip of Jill and Katherine? With those flashbacks and the wasted scenes withNick and Phyllis, the episode seemed disjointed to me.

— The social distancing on Y&R is still awful. Chance and Nina didn’t even touch let alone hug? It’s too unnatural. Same with Nick and Phyllis. Why have talk about romance and sex when they can’t even stand next to each other? Meanwhile, on GH, everyone is hugging.

— Abby’s bathroom crying jag and locking herself in was a pathetic cliche. The girl is wailing about being immature??? Irony is dead. Let her have second thoughts, but avoid painting her like a stupid teenager. I think that’s the biggest problem with Abby...the writers won’t let her grow up. 

— More Abby: she stayed in that locked bathroom through all that begging and prodding from Mariah and Ashley? Yeah, I get it — they wanted Chance to draw her out. They did it all, all wrong.

— It’s a minor thing, but when Jill arrived and ordered Esther around, I wanted Esther to snark back at her instead of grumbling under her breath and then acting like a damn maid.

• Members

I tuned in for Tricia Cast and it was great to see her.  But Melissa, you're dead on.  That made me change the channel - the nervous breakdown over getting married? - I wanted to slap her and didn't care.  Emme Rylan was let go from GH and I read she is just travelling around the country with family now.  Y&R should get her back.  The different Chance is definitely an improvement over the other one I saw - they should permanently recast if they're not going to ditch Melissa.  She's terrible.  

• Members

For instance Chloe & Chelsea duplicate each other. It reminds me of Willow and Sasha on GH. Pick one to remain on canvas. Or at least change the others personality so they won't be so interchangeable. 

And to tell you the truth I didn't miss Chloe & Kevin. They could go off to Silicon Valley with Bella and Miles tomorrow and I won't shed on tear and that's sad.