B&B to air classic episodes

• Members

Aside from the cringe-inducing Rick/Phoebe semi-incest, today's episode was strong. Despite the retcon issues, Pamela and Ann added so many dimensions to Stephanie and Alley Mills and Betty White were exquisitely cast. This was one of the few times when B&B's stunt casting paid off. Also liked seeing Lesli Kay and and Ashley Jones sharing scenes. They both deserved better material and more prominent stories.

The scenes at the Forrester mansion were incredible, with Stephanie justifying her work at House of Forrester to both Ann and Eric. Today's classic ep didn't have any big weddings, parties or epic confrontations, it just showed a soap doing what soaps do best - domestic psychodrama.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Enjoyed the 1998 episode but sad to think by 2003/2004 they har either burned through so much story or gotten bored with Amber/Rick and the rest of the younger crew. 

This 2007 episode may be one of the best episodes of Bold I have ever seen. Those scenes between Stephanie and her mother and then with Eric (amazing dialogue too!)were great. I can never seem to get into Kyle Lowder and this is my first time seeing Phoebe. I wish I could say I thought they at least had chemistry. 

• Members

Actually it was when Brooke was working on getting Deacon to leave Bridget! She was going on a tangent on how Amber was the true love of Deacon's life (passion, destiny, and all that crap) and how he was only settling with Bridget in spite of his growing feelings for her, and let it slip that she knew the way Deacon felt because it's how she felt about Ridge, and eventually admitted not in so many words that she settled for Thorne. Thorne overheard this comparison which of course sent him off the rails. This went over a period of a week or two (all happened on the same day) and there was a ton of back and forth with Thorne considering going back to Brooke at Big Bear after cooling down only to find Brooke in Ridge's arms. It was a hot mess lmao.

These conversations with Deacon continued to happen over the course of a few months until of course they ended up conceiving Bridget.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

Gina Rodriguez has had a decent enough career, but... meh.

All of the Thomases after Drew Tyler Bell have been absolute himbos.

It’s funny that Scott Clifton is so hot in person, but it doesn’t really translate on screen that well.

• Members

After watching all of these recent “classic” episodes and comparing to episodes we’ve watched this year, it’s crazy how much the show’s style and characterizations has changed over these last few years.

If we didn’t know it for a fact, I would not believe that all of these different periods were written, and produced by the same person.

• Members

I’m surprised they didn’t choose any of the abuse confrontation episodes from December 2006 which would have been a worthy two special alone. But this 2007 episode was amazing along 1-2 More before - unfortunately - Betty White more or less left the show again until being killed off years later.

• Members

Finally! At least 2 classic episodes from long ago!

Sally!

Sheila!

Taylor!

the 2018 and 2019 are unneeded but were all very good, too.

https://www.cbs.com/recommended/news/1009841/familial-feuds-and-bitter-business-battles-take-over-theme-weeks-on-cbs-daytime-dramas/?fbclid=IwAR0VgDOaU8uuIGRoKAkpAugc79MCpQh7hWgx6JrPpIGarfzo-IGaynGylAs

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

The 1995 episode is sooooo good. Too bad they will not show the entire goodbye party which lasted 2-3 episodes. I remember being glued to the TV and in utter shock by the ending...

Great choice - didn’t dare to dream to see it again. The 1992 episode is also a standout. Although we have seen it on the Polish Marek Logan channel - and it has a slightly dated feel to it. Plus Sally&Stephanie hat better spat-outs, but it is the first pool dive for Miss Spectra and therefore legendary.

• Members

Interesting choices. I'm most excited about that Stephanie vs. Sally episode.

That 1995 episode - is that when Hunter was wearing that wig and using that terrible accent because nobody knew Taylor was alive yet?

Edited by Vizion